thread for comparing practice scores form different sources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whootwhoot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
seen a ton of threads comparing practice aamcs vs. actual mcat.
correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't seen anything to compare practice scores from other sources. just scattered opinions "oh, that gold standard was too easy" or "yeah kaplan PS section was really hard".

I guess we can do it in 2 ways:
(A) compare tests to scaled mcat scores. i.e. the kaplan PS section was really hard, a 10 in that section is comparable to a 12 on an AAMC practice test.
(B) set the aamc practice test difficulty level at a 5. Compare other test companies to that 5. From the general posts it seems the actual mcat is around at a difficultly level of 6 compared to a 5 of aamc practice tests. berkeley review tests may be a 6.5, etc

was thinking about posting a poll...but doesn't let me with multiple variables. So, we'll do this

-EK 30 minute exams at end of each section (phys, gchem, bio, ochem)
-EK 101 verbal passage
-EK 1001 (Phys, gchem, bio, ochem)
-Berkeley review exams at end of each section (phys, gchem, bio, ochem)
-Kaplan practice tests (PS, V, BS)
-Princeton review practice tests (PS, V, BS)
-Berkeley practice test (PS, V, BS)
-Gold standard practice tests (PS, V, BS)

Just copy and paste whatever you've done. example:
EK 30 minute exams at end of each section (phys, gchem, bio, ochem): 7, 6, 5, 5.

Anything ranked too easy (1-2) means you think it's useless - as in it's way too easy to ever show up on the mcat (example: how many protons does carbon have?).
Same for anything too hard (9-10).
5 = aamc average

Also feel free to add anything to the list

Members don't see this ad.

Given that most take the other exams before the aamc's, this isn't going to be all that accurate given that people increase their aptitude for exam taking and learn more content along the way.

Was getting 31-33 on my AAMC tests, as well as my TBR tests. I took Kaplan 2 using ek 101 for verbal right before my test and got a 37 *shrug*