Three weeks a big deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bomikepa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When's a better time to interview. Obvious reasons for a early interview are that the spots are less likely to fill up but is a interview date on dec 17 vs jan 10 that much of a time gap that you risk losing your spot?

Pros for a later date are that you have more time to prepare for the interview and so forth. Anyone have any other ideas? Later dates are flights are cheaper?
Again dec 17 vs jan 10..... Is that a huge time gap? With the holidays coming and such, do schools process a lot of apps during that time?

Thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a big difference. You really shouldn't need that long of a time to prepare for your interviews; a couple of days at most. If the school is rolling, then I'd definitely get the interview out of the way before the holidays. I wouldn't say that the later interview will risk you losing a spot, I just think 3 weeks is too much of a gap. Is there another reason other than preparing for the interview that you want to take such a later date?

No real reasons just that the feeling of having more time to prepare is comforting but in reality I bet i wont really be any more prepped by then