Three years have finally paid off.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattwi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let all of you reapplicants out there know that there is always a chance. I didnt have the best MCATs or the best grades, but I proved to the committee that I wanted to do this. I have applied to the medical college of wisconsin 3 years in a row now and the past two times I was placed on the waiting list. But I never gave up. I talked to the admissions counselors, talked to the dean, was nice to the secretaries when I called once sometimes twice a week to check my status. Don't sit back idly and say my day will come. It will only come if you prove to them that you want it to. If you havent shadowed a doctor, DO IT. If you havent voluneteered, DO IT. My problem was I had no evidence on paper saying that I wanted to do this. One of the counselors made a good point. "How do you know you want to be a baseball player if you havent' played baseball." And she was right. Until I shadowed those doctors I really didnt know. It's truthfully what is in your hearts folks. If you go in there thinking they dont' want you you wont get in. It's that simple. Believe in yourself and make your dreams happen.

BTW my mcat was 27 and overall cumulative was 3.4. Not stellar, but just proved to them I could do it.

Take care. feel free to message me if you wanna talk.

Matt

Members don't see this ad.

congrats :)
hope you'll like studying all the time. :)

mattwi said:
I just wanted to let all of you reapplicants out there know that there is always a chance. I didnt have the best MCATs or the best grades, but I proved to the committee that I wanted to do this. I have applied to the medical college of wisconsin 3 years in a row now and the past two times I was placed on the waiting list. But I never gave up. I talked to the admissions counselors, talked to the dean, was nice to the secretaries when I called once sometimes twice a week to check my status. Don't sit back idly and say my day will come. It will only come if you prove to them that you want it to. If you havent shadowed a doctor, DO IT. If you havent voluneteered, DO IT. My problem was I had no evidence on paper saying that I wanted to do this. One of the counselors made a good point. "How do you know you want to be a baseball player if you havent' played baseball." And she was right. Until I shadowed those doctors I really didnt know. It's truthfully what is in your hearts folks. If you go in there thinking they dont' want you you wont get in. It's that simple. Believe in yourself and make your dreams happen.

BTW my mcat was 27 and overall cumulative was 3.4. Not stellar, but just proved to them I could do it.

Matt

Congratulations Matt! I?m hoping for good news from MCW on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
mattwi said:

Matt

Congrats Matt! I wish you the best of :luck:

mattwi,

check your private messages.

Congrats. Now your life can really suck like all of us who finally "made it".

congrats!
this is year 3 for me, and i'm still waiting to hear back.... :scared: