Time frame from submittal to Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CRAZYTERP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering for anyone who has received interviews, how long do you think it took for you to hear back once your secondaries were complete and your LOR's were sent in? I just sent my LOR's in today but my secondaries have been at some schools since the first week of August?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on a lot of things, really. For me, my first invite was to Jefferson, and that took about three weeks. My next two to EVMS and UVA took only about a week and a half once my whole file was done.

My secondaries were all complete by the first week of August, my committee letter was sent out to the 21 schools on August 16, 2002 and.... no.... response yet. :( Last year, it was a week or less, it seems, between completion and response. And last year, UCONN invited me the day they received my application. I was spoiled- I was a late applicant and received five invites before November. Everyday I pray this year, but to no avail. Since work has been slow, I have nothing to do but anticipate, nothing but pray. I wish I could do something to take my mind off this process. I'm writing a novel, but between every paragraph I write- it seems I check the mail or check online status checks or check SDN, I am always checking something. Heck, it's an obsession. When work gets busy, none of this holds true; fact is, boredom spawns impatience.

*oh goodie, i get to use this smiley: +pissed+ *

Members don't see this ad :)
Wahoo, did u turn all of your stuff in early? I submitted to AMCAS within the first week and did seconadaries on schedule but it took me forever to get my lor's in bc profs were out of town for the summer.

Yeah, I did everything early. I waited for a bit for my UVA app, since I wanted to do a good job on that one. But I finished everything (including LORs) by around Aug 15 or so.

Hey thanks for letting me know. I just wanted the piece of mind to know I am not toally behind the game. This whole procedure is just so long and tedious I feel like I have been doing this forever.