Time limit to take all USMLE exams??

le epicure

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am new to this website and find it very informative. My wife is a foreign medical graduate who is looking to enter into the residency program in June 2005. I am curious to know if there is a particular date by which my wIfe should have taken her USMLE step1 & 2 CK and CS in order to be eligible to apply for residency programmes in 2005. I have heard that both of the above exams should be taken by October in order to qualify but I really dont know about the vearcity of such opinions. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone c could provide me with info regarding the above.
Regards,

Members don't see this ad.

le epicure said:
Hi everybody,
I am new to this website and find it very informative. My wife is a foreign medical graduate who is looking to enter into the residency program in June 2005. I am curious to know if there is a particular date by which my wIfe should have taken her USMLE step1 & 2 CK and CS in order to be eligible to apply for residency programmes in 2005. I have heard that both of the above exams should be taken by October in order to qualify but I really dont know about the vearcity of such opinions. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone c could provide me with info regarding the above.
Regards,

The earlier the better. There is no deadline. To achieve the best results in the application process, she should have completed all exams before September 2 which is when she can and should apply. Also Step 3 is needed if she will need a H-1B visa for residency. Good luck!