Time Management tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a D1 and am looking for time management tips. As was known, this was going to be the most difficult part of adjusting to dental school.

There are many classes that all have so much required and would like to know some tips on how you guys all manage to keep up and most importantly do well.

And any tips to avoid cramming?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you really want to stay on top of things and do well, study a little every single day. Create a schedule that has you reviewing material often, this avoids the stress that comes with having to cram for an exam or multiple exams. If you are super dedicated you could start studying 2 weeks out in order to make sure you have plenty of time to master the material. I personally only study for a week or often time less, but if I was really trying to grind thats what I would do. Make sure not to burn yourself out though, life is about balance.

Reactions: 1 user
Planning is key. Plan your study sessions, plan your breaks, plan your sleep, plan your exercise. I tend to need 5-10min every 30-60min to decompress and then get back at it feeling less bogged down. I typically don’t go longer than 3hrs without having an hour off to exercise, eat, watch a show, etc. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
fellow D1 here, I use the google calendar the admin provided and an set up all day events with things i have to do/study. that keeps me focused short and long term It helped me prioritize my time as I just finished the first round of exams

Definitely agree, time management is key. I used to study my 'big classes' every day - for me we had 3 big classes every semester: i.e. biochem, histology, anatomy. everything else was 1 week prior to exam, if finals week with multiple tests, start 3 weeks prior. quizzes 2 days prior.

Sim clinic - stay up to date, and do your projects every week even if they are not due till the end of the semester. will save you heartache.

put all your exams, quizzes, assignments, projects from the syllabus onto Apple/Google calendar, and set notifications to remind you when everything is due from the various syllabi.

I am a D1 and am looking for time management tips. As was known, this was going to be the most difficult part of adjusting to dental school.

There are many classes that all have so much required and would like to know some tips on how you guys all manage to keep up and most importantly do well.

And any tips to avoid cramming?

Thanks.

Better question is: do you perform better by cramming or constant studying? Some people actually perform worse by not cramming.