Tips for applying to Orthodontics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamsartipi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently a d3 at a Canadian university wanting to do orthodontics. Class rank is 9th/76, have 1 publication from undergrad (2nd author) and another very very small research assisting position during undergrad. Also currently doing a research project in dental school but not sure if it will be published. Have numerous club leadership positions as well. With that being said, what can I do to ensure that I would get in somewhere (US or Canada)?

Im planning on applying to ortho externship positions this summer as well. Any input is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Im currently a d3 at a Canadian university wanting to do orthodontics. Class rank is 9th/76, have 1 publication from undergrad (2nd author) and another very very small research assisting position during undergrad. Also currently doing a research project in dental school but not sure if it will be published. Have numerous club leadership positions as well. With that being said, what can I do to ensure that I would get in somewhere (US or Canada)?

Im planning on applying to ortho externship positions this summer as well. Any input is appreciated :)
You need to take the GRE exam and do well on it! At least 50th percentile. Start thinking about which faculty members you have a good relationship with that would be willing to write you a letter of rec. also start updating your resume now!