Time Period Limitation on Re-grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teatime

UC Davis c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm super pissed right now (mostly at myself). I took a nutrition course online last spring (spring 09) and never found out my grade because I thought I was going to receive it in the mail, and never did. Turns out I was supposed to check it online, well I forgot the password to log-in, time passed and I totally forgot about it, thinking I would just order a transcript eventually. Well, I finally did, and it says I got a C-! There HAS to be a mistake - I did really well on most of the exams and at the end of the course my calculations figured I was at a low A or a high B. I just e-mailed the professor asking him if he could re-check my test scores and final grade, but am I still even within the statute of limitations to do so? I wish I would have taken care of this sooner, this is totally going to mess up my GPA! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I know the online class I took I had to fill out a review at the end that counted like 10-15% of the grade. If you didn't do it within X days of the final you would get a 0 for that. Is it possible you missed an aspect similar to this since you got mixed up about getting the grade?

I don't believe so. There was nothing in the syllabus or posted on the main page about a final paper or anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess at the worst, the grade will be seen as an anomoly. I've only gotten one other C ever in my life.

It just chaps my behind because I worked really hard in that class.

I hope you can get it figured out!! I hate things like that! Just remember that if you apply to a school that requires nutrition...they won't accept a C-

Yeah, I figured... If I can't get this fixed, I might have to not apply to those schools at all because I am NOT retaking this class. Actually I don't think after I had narrowed it down recently that any are on my short list.

I wonder, for other schools, whether I can put something about this in the explanation section...?

If I don't hear back from the professor, I might have to go to the department head or something. :(

I wonder, for other schools, whether I can put something about this in the explanation section...?

i'm sorry this happened to you, but out of curiosity, what would you say in such explanation section?

"i took a class online, i thought i had an A but i got a C-. i dunno why, and the prof wouldn't answer me?"

not exactly sure how that would look.

Minnerbelle - well not exactly like that!

I feel like I should at least get a response as to why the grade was so low. Such a disparity between what I thought I was getting and what eventually came to be has to warrant some kind of explanation. If I don't hear back from the professor, I will be contacting the department head. Once all my options are exhausted, I thought I might put in the explanation section that my requests for an explanation were not answered, and I feel that this grade does not accurately reflect my performance in the course.

If it turns out I missed some important assignment or something, I will gladly shut my mouth and take the grade. But not until I know wth happened. Mistakes ARE made in grading sometimes.

It was an error! The professor said I did get an A and he'll be submitting a grade change for me. :)

That's a load off..