Time Period Limitation on Re-grade

Started by teatime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teatime

UC Davis c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

So I'm super pissed right now (mostly at myself). I took a nutrition course online last spring (spring 09) and never found out my grade because I thought I was going to receive it in the mail, and never did. Turns out I was supposed to check it online, well I forgot the password to log-in, time passed and I totally forgot about it, thinking I would just order a transcript eventually. Well, I finally did, and it says I got a C-! There HAS to be a mistake - I did really well on most of the exams and at the end of the course my calculations figured I was at a low A or a high B. I just e-mailed the professor asking him if he could re-check my test scores and final grade, but am I still even within the statute of limitations to do so? I wish I would have taken care of this sooner, this is totally going to mess up my GPA! :scared:
 
I know the online class I took I had to fill out a review at the end that counted like 10-15% of the grade. If you didn't do it within X days of the final you would get a 0 for that. Is it possible you missed an aspect similar to this since you got mixed up about getting the grade?
 
I don't believe so. There was nothing in the syllabus or posted on the main page about a final paper or anything...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess at the worst, the grade will be seen as an anomoly. I've only gotten one other C ever in my life.

It just chaps my behind because I worked really hard in that class.
 
I hope you can get it figured out!! I hate things like that! Just remember that if you apply to a school that requires nutrition...they won't accept a C-
 
Yeah, I figured... If I can't get this fixed, I might have to not apply to those schools at all because I am NOT retaking this class. Actually I don't think after I had narrowed it down recently that any are on my short list.

I wonder, for other schools, whether I can put something about this in the explanation section...?

If I don't hear back from the professor, I might have to go to the department head or something. 🙁
 
I wonder, for other schools, whether I can put something about this in the explanation section...?

i'm sorry this happened to you, but out of curiosity, what would you say in such explanation section?

"i took a class online, i thought i had an A but i got a C-. i dunno why, and the prof wouldn't answer me?"

not exactly sure how that would look.
 
Minnerbelle - well not exactly like that!

I feel like I should at least get a response as to why the grade was so low. Such a disparity between what I thought I was getting and what eventually came to be has to warrant some kind of explanation. If I don't hear back from the professor, I will be contacting the department head. Once all my options are exhausted, I thought I might put in the explanation section that my requests for an explanation were not answered, and I feel that this grade does not accurately reflect my performance in the course.

If it turns out I missed some important assignment or something, I will gladly shut my mouth and take the grade. But not until I know wth happened. Mistakes ARE made in grading sometimes.
 
It was an error! The professor said I did get an A and he'll be submitting a grade change for me. 🙂

That's a load off..