(Time-Sensitive) WAMC: 511 MCAT, cGPA: 3.95, sGPA: 3.92, TN ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

babalaba

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1780256952200.png


Took the advice ya'll gave me last time and removed Mt. Sinai, Vandy, and WashU St. Louis in order to add a couple more target/baseline schools. ANY advice on any last second changes I should make before I submit my primary tmrw would be really helpful, thank you!!

GPA: 3.95
MCAT: 511

Demos: 21M, ORM (Asian), Tennessean,

Clinical Experience:

  • 800 hours as a medical scribe
Volunteering (Non-Clinical):

  • ~250 hours at a food bank
  • ~150 hours mentoring justice-involved youth
  • ~150 hours volunteering with Remote Area Medical clinics
Shadowing:

  • ~150 hours across Cardiology, Dermatology, and Nephrology
  • Exposure to multiple procedures, including surgical cases
Letters of Recommendation:

  • 3 total (all 3 are going to be very strongly well written)
Research:

  • ~250 hours of undergraduate research (no poster or pub)
  • 2023 review publication (JSR)
Leadership & Activities:

  • Hospital Health Ambassador: led tours for high school students interested in medicine
    • Vice President of Philanthropy & Service: organized and managed volunteer initiatives for college and high school students
  • Founder of a campus-affiliated club supporting the earlier mentioned youth mentoring nonprofit
Hobbies:

  • Guitar
  • Tennis
 
@Faha & @Mr.Smile12, I would be greatly appreciative of your all's input before I submit my primary application tomorrow afternoon. Thank you kindly in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A 511 MCAT is not competitive for Emory, Ohio State, Brown, Miami, Colorado, Hofstra. Central Florida admits few non residents.
Thank you! And right, I figured as much 😅, no harm in having reach/dream schools imo, I just dont want to be too top-heavy that it hurts my overall chances. I have since swapped out UCF for UofOklahoma, any other thoughts/should I add more schools?
 
Thank you! And right, I figured as much 😅, no harm in having reach/dream schools imo, I just dont want to be too top-heavy that it hurts my overall chances. I have since swapped out UCF for UofOklahoma, any other thoughts/should I add more schools?
Oklahoma admits very few non resident applicants with no connection to the state or region.