Time to Start Sending LOI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lildoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's now December and I've been complete at about 10 schools since September and still haven't heard anything. Would it do any good to send a letter of interest or update letter to these schools? I'm getting more and more nervous as each day passes :(

Members don't see this ad.

December really isn't that late in the process. It doesn't feel that way on sdn but you have to remember this is not a random sample of med applicants.

My o chem teacher (who was on an adcom) says it's probably better to wait until the new year to send letters of interest.

December really isn't that late in the process. It doesn't feel that way on sdn but you have to remember this is not a random sample of med applicants.

My o chem teacher (who was on an adcom) says it's probably better to wait until the new year to send letters of interest.

That depends on which schools you are looking at. Interview season is winding down at some schools and they will be done handing out interviews in a few weeks. Check with each school and see when interviews will be handed out and then decide.