1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Time to Start Sending LOI?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lildoc, Dec 2, 2008.

1. lildoc

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So it's now December and I've been complete at about 10 schools since September and still haven't heard anything. Would it do any good to send a letter of interest or update letter to these schools? I'm getting more and more nervous as each day passes :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. adizz mfresh

adizz mfresh not set up to mold rubber
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    December really isn't that late in the process. It doesn't feel that way on sdn but you have to remember this is not a random sample of med applicants.

My o chem teacher (who was on an adcom) says it's probably better to wait until the new year to send letters of interest.

4. TejasMed2009

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That depends on which schools you are looking at. Interview season is winding down at some schools and they will be done handing out interviews in a few weeks. Check with each school and see when interviews will be handed out and then decide.