Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Time to Start Sending LOI?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lildoc, Dec 2, 2008.

1. lildoc

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So it's now December and I've been complete at about 10 schools since September and still haven't heard anything. Would it do any good to send a letter of interest or update letter to these schools? I'm getting more and more nervous as each day passes :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. adizz mfresh

adizz mfresh not set up to mold rubber
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    December really isn't that late in the process. It doesn't feel that way on sdn but you have to remember this is not a random sample of med applicants.

My o chem teacher (who was on an adcom) says it's probably better to wait until the new year to send letters of interest.

3. TejasMed2009

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That depends on which schools you are looking at. Interview season is winding down at some schools and they will be done handing out interviews in a few weeks. Check with each school and see when interviews will be handed out and then decide.