Timeline for submitting application/ DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alpha13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of posts by people who turned in their apps late, so I thought I would ask about this. I believe I am supposed to take the DAT and submit my applications a full year in advance, (junior year) is this correct? If so, any idea why this stuff has to be done so far ahead of time?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Alpha13 said:
I have been reading a lot of posts by people who turned in their apps late, so I thought I would ask about this. I believe I am supposed to take the DAT and submit my applications a full year in advance, (junior year) is this correct? If so, any idea why this stuff has to be done so far ahead of time?

Thanks

It just makes sense. You want to apply for the school year after your senior year in college. So you take the DAT your JR year and send in your application at the end of your JR year. That way, you start interviews during the beginning of your senior year, and hopefully gain acceptance into dental school. That way you start dental school right after you graduate.

oh and to actually answer your question :oops: the application comes out a year before the academic year starts. so its all a matter of timing.

you want to get it in that early so lets say during your senior yr you get interviews and whatnot and then accepted and then you start right after you graduate. ALSO i was talking to an admissions guy and he said make sure to get your application (aadsas) by june because the apps aren't processed and sent to schoolds right away. schools usually don't get your application from the aadsas until a month or so later.He told me that people who send it in in oct, nov are usually at the end of the pile and won't be so lucky. so fill it out and then send your DAT and other stuff later