Timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jrparra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in my undergrad and am set to graduate fall 2014, Therefore I will not be graduating on a normal schedule of 4 years. Since im graduating in 4 and 1/2 years, when would I start applying? What should my timeline for the mcat and letters of recommendation look like? Also if I take the MCAT this summer or the next, will it still be valid when I apply even though theyre changing the MCAT? Ive been researching for this info and could find nothing unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you graduate fall 2014 you can't matriculate till fall 15, unless you choose NYCPM's spring option.

Your MCAT score will be valid for 3 years, even with the changes.

I am currently in my undergrad and am set to graduate fall 2014, Therefore I will not be graduating on a normal schedule of 4 years. Since im graduating in 4 and 1/2 years, when would I start applying? What should my timeline for the mcat and letters of recommendation look like? Also if I take the MCAT this summer or the next, will it still be valid when I apply even though theyre changing the MCAT? Ive been researching for this info and could find nothing unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

If you are graduating in the Fall of 2014, I would take the MCAT in September of 2013. That way, you get to have a good few months after school ends to study for it hardcore :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also be sure to take your MCAT only after you have completed all of your pre-med reqs (i.e. Bio I & II, Chem I&II, Org I&II and Physics I&II)

I just realized that you said you were going to graduate in the fall
and not the spring of 2014, so ignore my previous message.

I think your best bet is to matriculate in the Fall of 2015.
That way you get to look at more than one pod school.
Start getting your LORs from professors within the next year.
Shadow a podiatrist for exposure to the field as well as a good LOR.
You can apply early in the 2015 cycle (like right when it opens).
Find out where you get admitted to, and relax for a few months
before going full throttle again :)

Hope that helps, good luck!!

Thank you all for the info and advice!

You'll be in my boat :) I'm graduating this december. So basically, apply August of your senior semester, interview throughout that semester, and you'll have a semester off before school starts.

You'll be in my boat :) I'm graduating this december. So basically, apply August of your senior semester, interview throughout that semester, and you'll have a semester off before school starts.

I think I am going to graduate in December too! ... if I pass pchem that is....