tip of my hat to you older people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And by older I mean those who took the mcat when it was six hours long. I found an old Kaplan exam from 2003 and not only was it a bear to get through, 100 minutes per section, it was damn hard too.

So to all the residents and attendings on here, well done.

Members don't see this ad.

And by older I mean those who took the mcat when it was six hours long. I found an old Kaplan exam from 2003 and not only was it a bear to get through, 100 minutes per section, it was damn hard too.

That's one of the reasons why I didn't apply right out of college, I even took a MCAT class and a practice test before I said screw it.

Yep, I took it three times. 1992, 1998, 1999

Members don't see this ad :)
Hats off to those taking it after 2015 too, since with the rearranging of the sections and new ones it's supposed to go back to being 6.5 hours long.

Hats off to those taking it after 2015 too, since with the rearranging of the sections and new ones it's supposed to go back to being 6.5 hours long.
Hmmm, I better hurry.

back then it was only offered a few times a year. If you got sick on the day it was offered, you had to wait another 6 months to take it again. I took it twice. The first time I had mono. The second time I had a family tragedy that unfolded two days before my exam. I took it both times anyway because I didn't want to wait 6 months and put myself behind.

Times were different then. The MCAT score reveal dates were much more exciting around here. :)

back then it was only offered a few times a year. If you got sick on the day it was offered, you had to wait another 6 months to take it again. I took it twice. The first time I had mono. The second time I had a family tragedy that unfolded two days before my exam. I took it both times anyway because I didn't want to wait 6 months and put myself behind.

Times were different then. The MCAT score reveal dates were much more exciting around here. :)

The wait time for the scores was also longer, 60days if I remember. 30days was bad enough for me.