Tips and Tricks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDoReMe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this site... I only discovered it less than a week ago. I'm taking the PCAT in November (18 DAYS AWAY OMG), and I've been studying pretty well... But I'm wondering if there are certain topics I should focus more on? I know that the Gen Chem seems to be focused more heavily than OChem, but what about for the other sections? Can you guys help me?

Anything would be really, really helpful. I'll try and look around and see if there's any other thread that can help me, but if anyone would like to give me some guidance here I'd really, really appreciate it too. I feel like I'm so lost.

Members don't see this ad.

• Don't over-think the PCAT
  • Don't spend 5 minutes on a question
  • Track your time, make sure you finish each section with 10-15 minutes to spare so you can review the difficult questions
If you follow what I listed above, and have actually been sitting down and studying with useful material, you should do great.

Best of luck

• Track your time, make sure you finish each section with 10-15 minutes to spare so you can review the difficult questions
If you follow what I listed above, and have actually been sitting down and studying with useful material, you should do great.

Best of luck

How can you finish quantitative and still have 10-15 min left? I haven't been able to do it, I always end up guessing the last five, I also did Kaplan and I ended up guessing the last 10, I guess I am too slow. Any suggestion? Thanks :)

I finished the quantitative with about 20 minutes left and scored a 72 composite on the first try with quantitative being my second highest. Skip the hard questions and go to the easy one's first. I didn't have to guess on any of them because most of it was general calc and pre-calc, but other then that, make sure you keep track of your time but don't stress out about it either. Just take a glance every now and again. Doing the easy questions first and going back to the hard one's was truly the biggest contribution to still having a good amount of time left over at the end of the section.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Best of luck

I don't recommend this at all. Time yourself properly so that you used adequate time on each question. If you do it right, you do not need to go over any question at the end. Efficiency is key.

True, thanks a lot. I've been studying but I'm really not great with bio, but I've been studying with McGraw Hill's PCAT book mostly...

Different methods work for different people. Everyone's entitled to their opinion after all. :laugh:

It's all good. :) I'm just extremely nervous is all. I just need to get into ONE school, that's all hahahaha