Tired of being tired....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdlamkin8195

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else tired of this whole process???
It seems like for everything that i do that is good for my application, I just mess something else up....I make A's in my biology classes but C's in the chems......I do a ton of EC's but don't have a ton of shadowing hours.....

sorry, just venting some stress.....Pooh on midterms:thumbdown:.....

I think pretty soon the dental school application process will look like the NFL Combine lol

Members don't see this ad.

i feel you. im exactly the same way, im so stressed out with just thinking of the upcoming dental applications, dat preparations and with school that i just want to cry... poop on me

take it one day at a time....one goal at a time....

Members don't see this ad :)
take it one day at a time....one goal at a time....
Seriously. This is the best advice out there. Don't worry about the extra curricular acitivities right now because your grades are more important. Cut out the ones you don't like or are just doing to make yourself look good. You are obviously spread too thin so "cut out the crap" as I would say and stick to the basics.

Would you rather apply with a 3.2 and 1000+ hours of extra acitivities and shadowing experience or a 3.8 and 200+ hours shadowing and maybe three activities that show you committed for a long period of time? Personally I'd take the later if I could go back and do it all over again.

just remember to try to work on your time management skills as much as possible. it may seem like it is impossible to juggle all these things at once, but just remember that the people you are applying against are doing the same things. in my opinion it says a lot for a person that can spread themselves that thin and still excel in all fields.

Also, this is just great practice for when you get into dental school because god knows you will be stressed out and have way more than you can handle on a daily basis. Nothing like having 8 classes and still trying to get all your darn studying and lab work done. Trust me the better time management you can muster up now the better off you will be in the long run.

just remember to try to work on your time management skills as much as possible. it may seem like it is impossible to juggle all these things at once, but just remember that the people you are applying against are doing the same things. in my opinion it says a lot for a person that can spread themselves that thin and still excel in all fields.

Also, this is just great practice for when you get into dental school because god knows you will be stressed out and have way more than you can handle on a daily basis. Nothing like having 8 classes and still trying to get all your darn studying and lab work done. Trust me the better time management you can muster up now the better off you will be in the long run.

agreed.

also do activities to relieve stress. i workout 4 times a week to relieve some stress.

the other fun stuff i do usually has to do with manual dexterity so i can put it on my application. i paint, build models, cook...........