TKA and THA Pain Management

Started by Ostarine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ostarine

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm currently synthesizing the literature on clinical controversies in TKA and THA postoperative pain management. I need some input to see what I am missing. Disclaimer, I am not an orthopedic surgeon so some of this may not make sense and that is where I need your help.


1. Exparel and bupivacaine+epi including injection techniques
2. Is there a controversy around femoral nerve blocks vs periarticular injections? Or are those separate topics?
3. Is there lot of practice variation around spinals or other regional/local anesthesia?
4. OnQ pumps
5. IV Tylenol
6. Chronic opioid users vs opioid naive- typical take home prescription?

Thank you and your feedback is greatly appreciated!