TMDSAS 2005 Application On-Line Now!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those applying to Texas achools through TMDSAS (Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service), the 2005 app is up NOW! Just in case there are some more early-bird fanatics lurking about...

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... that's pretty early. Is that normal?

Does the AADSAS cover any texas dentals chools or do you have to use the TMDSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, it's normal for it to come out the 1st of May.

In-staters are required to apply thru the TMDSAS, but I just checked all 3 schools' web sites and:

UTHSCSA - says specifically that out-of-staters must apply thru AADSAS.

Baylor - says they accept AADSAS from out-of-staters only, which doesn't seem technically to preclude an out-of-stater applying thru TMDSAS, but nothing was mentioned about that specifically.

UTH - also unclear about whether out-of-staters can apply thru TMDSAS.

What does seem clear is that all 3 TX schools DO accept AADSAS apps from out-of-state applicants.

Mo007 said:
Wow... that's pretty early. Is that normal?
Yeah, the Texas schools usually have their classes selected and locked(aside from a few stragglers) by late January or early February. TX runs a whole lot earlier than the schools my buddies applied to(I'm from Univ of Arkansas). Also, for those of you waiting around in TX, DON'T! Get that sucker in as soon as possible!