TMDSAS: How do I write a description of a teaching assistant without sounding corny? ESL, so I struggle with articulating my words

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildestdreams25

Reaction score
Here is my draft, any suggestions are appreciated :

I assisted 34 pre-health students with their psychology coursework. I also provided additional support to struggling students who are non-native English speakers. In addition to helping students improve their grades, I also gained insight into the fruits of flexibility in my leadership qualities.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Teaching assistant for 34 pre-health students in [insert course title]. Provided support to struggling students particularly non-native English speakers. Gained communication skills as I worked with diverse learners.

It doesn't need to be fancy. We know what TAs do. Throwing in the work with non-native speakers of English is not typical but is interesting. I would like to see the course title rather than "their psychology coursework".

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would try to fit number of ESL students in the description.

It sounds like your ESL work is in addition to your duties as a psych TA. Is this right?
Yeah correct. Should I say something along the lines of "In addition to my duties as a TA to 34 students, I provided extra support to 8 students who were non-native English speakers"?

Reactions: 1 user