TMDSAS Science GPA: Psychology, physio psych counted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

I've seen the short entry about "recognized sciences" being counted in the FAQ here, but I'm a bit unsure about a few things. I won't be applying until next cycle, so for the sake of my own knowledge (and an MDApps profile), I'm wondering whether certain classes count towards science GPA.

I'm a psych major, so I don't know if they'll consider most of my degree work as "other science" or "non science". But even then, some of those classes - like social science statistics (which was very much math-based), or sensation and perception, cognitive psychology, and a few others - were more science-like than not.

I know that people sometimes get away with counting such things in their AMCAS BCPM, but what about for the TMDSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen the short entry about "recognized sciences" being counted in the FAQ here, but I'm a bit unsure about a few things. I won't be applying until next cycle, so for the sake of my own knowledge (and an MDApps profile), I'm wondering whether certain classes count towards science GPA.

I'm a psych major, so I don't know if they'll consider most of my degree work as "other science" or "non science". But even then, some of those classes - like social science statistics (which was very much math-based), or sensation and perception, cognitive psychology, and a few others - were more science-like than not.

I know that people sometimes get away with counting such things in their AMCAS BCPM, but what about for the TMDSAS?

Both my intro and abnormal psyc classes counted as non science. And whatever you put them down as, TMDSAS can go in and change them to what they think it should be when they verify it. I think they did that for a couple of my classes.

Both my intro and abnormal psyc classes counted as non science. And whatever you put them down as, TMDSAS can go in and change them to what they think it should be when they verify it. I think they did that for a couple of my classes.

Yeah, still leaves me wondering about sensation & perception and other such physiology-based classes. Even stats... I took it in the psych department and it was titled "social science statistics," but it was very much math-based.

Hrmph.

Oh, and how'd you like CS? I was looking at going to med school up there; I'm at one of its sister schools now.

Yeah, still leaves me wondering about sensation & perception and other such physiology-based classes. Even stats... I took it in the psych department and it was titled "social science statistics," but it was very much math-based.

Hrmph.

Oh, and how'd you like CS? I was looking at going to med school up there; I'm at one of its sister schools now.

I LOVE CS! It is a town like my hometown (college town, same size about) so I really enjoyed it.

I know most med schools only count statistics that come from the math department, so you should check about that. (I could be wrong but I thought I remembered reading that). I'd check with TMDSAS or your pre-med advisor. Good luck applying!