To all future G-town SMP'ers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imrep1972

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, writing you from sunny (ok, not so sunny) Washington DC. Doing my house hunting tour. Just thought that while I'm here, some of you might have questions about the area I can answer/check out.

If any of you who are getting ready to move to the area want me to look into anything for you, let me know. I will be pretty busy tomorrow, but I will have all day Saturday and Sunday to check things out if I can.

This may not be of any use to anyone, but I figured that I might be able to help someone, so why not offer.

Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

imrep1972 said:
Hey all, writing you from sunny (ok, not so sunny) Washington DC. Doing my house hunting tour. Just thought that while I'm here, some of you might have questions about the area I can answer/check out.

If any of you who are getting ready to move to the area want me to look into anything for you, let me know. I will be pretty busy tomorrow, but I will have all day Saturday and Sunday to check things out if I can.

This may not be of any use to anyone, but I figured that I might be able to help someone, so why not offer.

Let me know.

I thought you said you weren't gonna be on SDN again until monday. Had to get your fix did you? :)

Which area are you looking into?

tacrum43 said:
I thought you said you weren't gonna be on SDN again until monday. Had to get your fix did you? :)

Which area are you looking into?

I guess I've been in denial, but yeah, I must be addicted. I found out the hotel I am staying at has free internet access in its business center :thumbup:

I'm staying in rosslyn/Arlington, looking all around there, also most of the neighborhoods around G-town. Trying to stay within a 3 mile radius.

Members don't see this ad :)
imrep1972 said:
I guess I've been in denial, but yeah, I must be addicted. I found out the hotel I am staying at has free internet access in its business center :thumbup:

I'm staying in rosslyn/Arlington, looking all around there, also most of the neighborhoods around G-town. Trying to stay within a 3 mile radius.

Rosslyn is where I'm going to be looking mainly. It's a short bus ride to school, and a little cheaper than DC. I stayed at the Marriott Key Bridge when I was there for the open house (for way cheap too thanks to Priceline.com) and I liked the area.

I tried out the GUTS bus too (it actually stopped right at the hotel) because I got tired of waiting for a taxi at the end of the day. True I'm not technically a Georgetown student yet, but I guess the bus driver let it slide since I had the big "Georgetown" folder with me. The bus worked fine, and it runs frequently throughout the day from the Rosslyn metro stop, so I'm going to try and find a place within a few blocks of there.

tacrum43 said:
Rosslyn is where I'm going to be looking mainly. It's a short bus ride to school, and a little cheaper than DC. I stayed at the Marriott Key Bridge when I was there for the open house (for way cheap too thanks to Priceline.com) and I liked the area.

I tried out the GUTS bus too (it actually stopped right at the hotel) because I got tired of waiting for a taxi at the end of the day. True I'm not technically a Georgetown student yet, but I guess the bus driver let it slide since I had the big "Georgetown" folder with me. The bus worked fine, and it runs frequently throughout the day from the Rosslyn metro stop, so I'm going to try and find a place within a few blocks of there.

If you want to be in Rosslyn and can afford it, check out River Place Apartments. Riverplace.com. Each apartment is individually owned, so that makes it a bit of a hassle to arrange to see apartments to rent. If you can deal with that hassle, and can afford the places, there are usually 10-15 SMP's (plus additional med students from GWU and Gtown) that live there each year.