to all the EMS guys out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just wanna say, be careful. monday one of our medics was shot in the chest while responding to a house explosion. she's recovering, but it's just kinda scary when it hits so close to home. so be careful guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by lytesnsyrens
i just wanna say, be careful. monday one of our medics was shot in the chest while responding to a house explosion. she's recovering, but it's just kinda scary when it hits so close to home. so be careful guys.

Loaded gun in the house? I always figured it would be a psycho that gave a false call and would be waiting for one of us. How is she doing? Is she OK?

Originally posted by deepsouthmedic
Loaded gun in the house? I always figured it would be a psycho that gave a false call and would be waiting for one of us. How is she doing? Is she OK?

last thing i heard she was in ICU, but they said she'd be ok. i didn't get the details on everything, but apparently they were called out for the house explosion, she got out of the rig while her partner was directing traffic and the guy opened fire with his rifle from the house and shot her. they later found the body of the shooter and his girlfriend. her ambulance ended up with 31 bullet holes in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lytesnsyrens
last thing i heard she was in ICU, but they said she'd be ok. i didn't get the details on everything, but apparently they were called out for the house explosion, she got out of the rig while her partner was directing traffic and the guy opened fire with his rifle from the house and shot her. they later found the body of the shooter and his girlfriend. her ambulance ended up with 31 bullet holes in it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :wow: :wow: WOW! I hope she does well.:(

Holy crap. I hope she has a healthful, speedy recovery. My best wishes go out to her.
In what city/ town did this occur?
This scenario runs through my mind every night and I am picking up the vest on Tuesday.

Originally posted by BklynWill
Holy crap. I hope she has a healthful, speedy recovery. My best wishes go out to her.
In what city/ town did this occur?
This scenario runs through my mind every night and I am picking up the vest on Tuesday.

kansas city, it might have been in independence though, not sure.

Thats why we keep a pair of bullet proof vests in the truck. then again---I always make the cops go in before I do or at least the fire department in the case of an explosion. You don't just go running in to a crime scene, no matter what the type was. It was unknown about the gun thing, but the explosion made it a possible arson scene.

Oh and don't get all paranoid now whenever you get a questionable call. You run the same risks in your car, or the ER, or wherever you may be. It's not like a common event.