lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,578
3
39
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
i just wanna say, be careful. monday one of our medics was shot in the chest while responding to a house explosion. she's recovering, but it's just kinda scary when it hits so close to home. so be careful guys.
 

DSM

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
11,933
8
58
in da lounge...where else?
www.cyburbia.org
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by lytesnsyrens
i just wanna say, be careful. monday one of our medics was shot in the chest while responding to a house explosion. she's recovering, but it's just kinda scary when it hits so close to home. so be careful guys.

Loaded gun in the house? I always figured it would be a psycho that gave a false call and would be waiting for one of us. How is she doing? Is she OK?
 

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,578
3
39
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Originally posted by deepsouthmedic
Loaded gun in the house? I always figured it would be a psycho that gave a false call and would be waiting for one of us. How is she doing? Is she OK?

last thing i heard she was in ICU, but they said she'd be ok. i didn't get the details on everything, but apparently they were called out for the house explosion, she got out of the rig while her partner was directing traffic and the guy opened fire with his rifle from the house and shot her. they later found the body of the shooter and his girlfriend. her ambulance ended up with 31 bullet holes in it.
 
About the Ads

DSM

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
11,933
8
58
in da lounge...where else?
www.cyburbia.org
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by lytesnsyrens
last thing i heard she was in ICU, but they said she'd be ok. i didn't get the details on everything, but apparently they were called out for the house explosion, she got out of the rig while her partner was directing traffic and the guy opened fire with his rifle from the house and shot her. they later found the body of the shooter and his girlfriend. her ambulance ended up with 31 bullet holes in it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :wow: :wow: WOW! I hope she does well.:(
 

BklynWill

EM Attending
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
559
2
41
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Holy crap. I hope she has a healthful, speedy recovery. My best wishes go out to her.
In what city/ town did this occur?
This scenario runs through my mind every night and I am picking up the vest on Tuesday.
 

lytesnsyrens

The Phoenix...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2002
3,578
3
39
Down Under
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Originally posted by BklynWill
Holy crap. I hope she has a healthful, speedy recovery. My best wishes go out to her.
In what city/ town did this occur?
This scenario runs through my mind every night and I am picking up the vest on Tuesday.

kansas city, it might have been in independence though, not sure.
 

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
7,684
6
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thats why we keep a pair of bullet proof vests in the truck. then again---I always make the cops go in before I do or at least the fire department in the case of an explosion. You don't just go running in to a crime scene, no matter what the type was. It was unknown about the gun thing, but the explosion made it a possible arson scene.

Oh and don't get all paranoid now whenever you get a questionable call. You run the same risks in your car, or the ER, or wherever you may be. It's not like a common event.
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.