to all who applied to FAMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear back anything from famu yet? i am still waiting and i sent my application in november, 3 days after they posted it on their wesite.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I call them a couple weeks ago and they told me they will start sending out acceptance letters early march. I hope I will get in and hope you get in too. I sent out my application at the same time

I call them a couple weeks ago and they told me they will start sending out acceptance letters early march. I hope I will get in and hope you get in too. I sent out my application at the same time

Do they just send out acceptance letters without doing interviews??

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they just send out acceptance letters without doing interviews??

According to what they told me not all acceptees are invited for interview. I went onto their website and it is saying the same thing. www.famu.edu
Read the pharmacy school website -Admission information for transfer students.

I havent received anything either. I also sent my application rite after they posted it on their website. Hopefully we all should get in..lets keep our fingers crossed!

do you guies go to FAMU for undergrad? b/c what i heard is that they look at only their students for consideration for the pharmacy program. In other words, only if one of their students do not complete the pre-pharmacy circiulium then onl do they look at transfer students....that si what i have heard from famu students and friends

i called today...they said they are interviewing their prepharm students first then they will start on the transfer students soon...

Does anyone know how many interviews famu granted?:)

baileydog- I had an interview (as a transfer) and I hear there were only a few of us. I received a rejection letter today. Hope your's is better. Do you know if there's a wait list?

i am sorry about the bad news. i will probably receive my rejection letter any day now too, it was a very nerve racking interview:confused: we just have to know that we did our best and will keep on trying:) i am not sure if there is a waiting list but i do think the number of transfer students they take is very small so they might not need to have a waiting list Did you apply to any other schools?

No, I didn't apply elsewhere. I haven't taken the PCAT yet so it didn't leave me with many options. But I'm signed up for it now and I'll be applying everywhere in June. I know your best is all you can do, but it's just hard to come so close. They told me they interviewed 250 total and took 150. (transfers and famu students combined) Keep me posted!

I am planing to apply to Famu for fall 2008. Does anyone know when they start receiving applications?

haha. try next december. if you don't go there, you've got a snowflake's shot in hell.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planing to apply to Famu for fall 2008. Does anyone know when they start receiving applications?

You're best bet is to start by applying to their school directly out of high school.

:) i actually ended up getting in, who would have thought and i sent my application fedex the week it was due so you just never know

Congrats to bailydog1985! i applied there last year and didn't even get a rejection letter or anything. There really bad about letting you know whats going on. Don't get your hopes up if you haven't got anything from them. There a 0+6 school anyways so chances are slim for transfers.

Congrats to bailydog1985! i applied there last year and didn't even get a rejection letter or anything. There really bad about letting you know whats going on. Don't get your hopes up if you haven't got anything from them. There a 0+6 school anyways so chances are slim for transfers.

I wonder if more seats were allocated for out of state students this year? I know 2 people in my O-chem class here in GA that was accepted for this coming fall of 2007 class.

WoW!! 2 let me tell you that's alot already. Maybe this year alot of there own students didn't get a 2.5 in the pre-pharm so they have a bigger pool for tranfers. I've heard in the past they turn down 3.9 for there 2.6 students. I've also heard they have taken students last min like a day before classes. So if this is the only place u applied to hold out a lil longer maybe you'll get lucky. GOOD LUCK to all with this school.

Does anyone know of an applicant NOT accepting their invitation to FAMU? I'm going down there to see if I can get put on some sort of wait list since I DID have an interview. I don't want to give up yet! I've come sooo close! :confused:

Just got back from my meeting at FAMU. I was actually told that going to a state university (FSU) instead of a community college, greatly hindered my chances. The state apparently mandates that they accept mostly community college students! So here's your tip- go to a community college and not a good state school, and you'll probably get into their program! How stupid.

Just got back from my meeting at FAMU. I was actually told that going to a state university (FSU) instead of a community college, greatly hindered my chances. The state apparently mandates that they accept mostly community college students! So here's your tip- go to a community college and not a good state school, and you'll probably get into their program! How stupid.

If the state mandated that, then UF would also have to follow that rule. But, the majority of students accepted at UF have a bachelor's degree. Maybe FAMU is afraid that someone like you will make their own students look inferior. They're in enough trouble as it is.

i got rejected from there, but accepted at UF *shrug*

You all actually believed this? This is obviously such a sack of you know what. Making up a stupid lie because you got rejected isn't going to help you, and obviously it hasnt since your status says you're still pre-pharm.

What I do know about this school is that it is biased towards students who went there for undergrad, so if you're trying to go there for pharmacy school your best shot would be to apply there as an undergrad student.

And yes, I realize how old this thread is, for the ones that are going to point that out.:D

And yes, I realize how old this thread is, for the ones that are going to point that out.:D
images

:smuggrin: