1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

To apply or not to apply, that is the real question.

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by aflor, Aug 10, 2018.

1. aflor

I need advice from current or prospective IAUPR optometry students. I just received my OAT score and obtained a 290 AA & 310 TS. Should I waste money trying to apply in the 2018-2019 cycle? Do I have a chance to enter IAUPR or should I just spend that money repeating the OAT?

I have a 3.30 GPA and vast extracurriculars. I know people advice not to go to that school, but I live in Puerto Rico so I wish to go there.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Grummy142

You’ll definitely have a good chance with those stats.

aflor likes this.
  4. TheREALoptometrist2015

Optometrist
    apply, you have better stats that pretty much any other PR student and they accept ALL Puerto Ricans regardless of stats. not a good school but since you already live there and thats where you want to go do it. just make sure you read all the posts on here about how things work at the school before you go.

aflor likes this.
  5. aflor

Thanks for the input!! I’ll apply to other schools that accept lower OAT scores and if by a miracle somewhere else calls me I will consider it. Iaupr is just cheaper for me and it makes sense to stay on the island.