To ATSU-SOMA 2011, 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thanecyan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Lots of SDN advice revolves around not attending med school lectures, as they are a waste of time.

However, ATSU-SOMA's curriculum isn't based on the ancient 100-year old educational model that most other schools use. It appears as if the teaching style is mostly lecture-based though.
So, my question is, is it possible or recommended to skip classes during the first year at SOMA?

Just curious, thanks

I will suggest that you go to class for the first few months and decide for yourself who's lecture is worth going to. Most facilitators/professors have their own way of teaching.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
So, my question is, is it possible or recommended to skip classes during the first year at SOMA? Just curious, thanks

With all due respect, why would you want to skip class? You are paying almost 50K annually for tuition and you are training to maintain/save lives. Wouldn't you want to take advantage of every learning resource available (including lectures)?

OOOPS! I just realized this is an ancient thread

With all due respect, why would you want to skip class? You are paying almost 50K annually for tuition and you are training to maintain/save lives. Wouldn't you want to take advantage of every learning resource available (including lectures)?

Good luck with medical school, my friend.

Because resources are plentiful, but time is not.