To everyone who said they were surprised by the Soc/Psy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nomdeplume1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
by this do you mean that the prep companies dropped the ball in their analysis of the AAMC outline?
do you mean that the material went outside the actual scope of what was listed in the AAMC outline?
or do you mean that, in retrospect, you wish you would have followed the AAMC outline instead of relying on your prep material?

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC outline is just an outline. It shows you what topics could be tested on. It doesn't show you how they are tested. At least for me, knowing the Soc/Psych material was only half the battle. You have to know the material, know how to analyze papers/experiments, draw connections based on the data/results in the context of what topics are listed on the outline. The AAMC outline does not help you prepare for this in any way. The prep companies' books may have had some value in learning the material, but they were not helpful when it came to learning how to analyze and draw conclusions. In retrospect, I wish I would have subscribed to a social science journal and read a few papers each week. In my honest opinion, that would have been the best preparation for this section.

Reactions: 1 user