to late for Army scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

I just got accepted to USC school of dentistry today. I was thinking I was going to have to reapply but luckily I got in!!! Is there still any hope for getting a 4 year scholarship??? if not what is my next move? Do a three year scholarship for next year??? any advice will be extremely appreciate. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

HI,

I just got accepted to USC school of dentistry today. I was thinking I was going to have to reapply but luckily I got in!!! Is there still any hope for getting a 4 year scholarship??? if not what is my next move? Do a three year scholarship for next year??? any advice will be extremely appreciate. Thanks

1) Congrats on getting into USC. USC is expensive and the military is a great way to go (I contacted my recruiter right after my interview at USC :laugh:)

2) Contact your recruiter ASAP. I highly doubt that there are any more HPSP scholarships left for this year, but what is possible is to apply for the 4 year HPSP for FY2011 and you can get back paid for the 1st semester. Also, your stipend would not begin until 1 October. However be aware, at least for the Navy, it has been tossed around that they might get rid of the $20,000 sign on bonus for the 4 year HPSP due to budget cuts and the ability to fill quotas in recent years. However, considering how insane the tuition is at USC, it's worth it no matter what.

Last edited:
HI,

For the Army you can apply now, you will more than likely not get the 4 yr, but you could be placed on the list for the 3 yr scholarships that are available in October. 3 yr scholarships will go very fast.