To people who are going to NYU: Anyone still looking for a roommate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivyvi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just got accepted into NYU. I'm looking for a roommate. Plz leave me a message if u're interested! :)

Anyone has any idea about housing???

Members don't see this ad.

ivyvi said:
Hi guys,

I've just got accepted into NYU. I'm looking for a roommate. Plz leave me a message if u're interested! :)

Anyone has any idea about housing???

are you planning on living in the dorms? or an apartment? also, how close to the school? im also slowly starting to look for places/roommates. are you from vancouver, wa? or canada?

yeaaaa more vancouverites

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all you vancouverites... good to know there are some canadians at NYU! Im from edmonton and def. am interested in finding some cool roomates to live with! Have you started looking for apartments? I was thinking of getting a nice 2 or 3 bedroom apartment on the East side and am estimating we could get one for $$~1500-1800 each per month. Message me if you are interested!

I'm a Californian who is also looking for roommates. Don't care if female or male (I'm a dude) as long as we get along :smuggrin: . Looking for something close to campus... leaning towards dorms if can't find any roommates.

I put in my application for dorms too but if I can't get my own room then I'll probably look for off-campus housing. Waterside or Kips Bay look like nice places.

Hey Guys...Congrats on getting in. I just got accepted to NYU earlier this week and sent in my deposit today. I'm excited about meeting you all! I've been wondering about housing too. When did you guys receive your applications for the dorms? Have you talked to anyone about what the chances are of getting into them? I know they don't guarantee housing, but I would think it can't be that hard. I think I'd like to live in there the first year just to get my feet wet and meet people and stuff, but the last thing I want is to scramble to find an apartment at the last minute if I don't get placed in the dorm. Any info you've got would help. See ya in the fall!

More of the question is do any one of you make $80,000/year or have parents that make more than 120,000/ year. If you don't, finding an apartment will be difficult. I'm from washington state and looking for a roommate. Well actually its my girlfriend and me are looking. If anyone is interested send me a message. I will be recieving the HPSP military scholarship and do have a $1500/month stipend. We will both be recieving finnancial aid. Likewise, we have a fair amount of money saved up and financial backing from my parents. For a gurantor, my parents income was just shy like $10,000 for required income. Although, some apartments will work with the idea of accepting tennants that do not make 80x a months rent/year. Most do not. Also remember, financial aid is not a subsitute for income. Message me on here and I will reply with my school email address.

hey guys, I'm gonna be at NYUCD in the Fall as well. I'm trying to avoid living in the dorms because I don't really want to have to worry between the first and second year about finding an apartment and moving there. Yeah, it's nice getting to know some people in the dorms, but I'm pretty sure you'll get to know a lot of people just from being in class with everyone all day, every day. I've got a friend who lives there who is going to help me look for an apartment this summer, so if anyone is interested in an awesome roomate, lemme know. I'm hoping to find something close and move in by the beginning of August.

i'm a female also looking for a roommate. i called the housing office and they said my chances of getting a dorm are very slim. they also said that the dorms will be under construction over the summer and aren't even sure if they will be ready to move into by the time we start.

Hi I am a female and looking for a roommate as I dont think I will be living on campus dorms. So anyone still interested please PM me.....I'm from vancouver

thanks a lot

hey,
I m a female from CA... i applied for student housing, but slowly leaning towards off campus housing bcz i want to cook my own food, so I need kitchen..if someone finds an apt n looking for a female roomate, send me a message...
gdluk for searching apts..

I was approved for housing, but I'll be married by the time we start school, so if they can't guarantee me a single (and they can't) I'll be living in an apartment too. I'm going to look in Brooklyn and Hoboken NJ - those are good areas to look into too. Not looking for a roomate though - much rather live on my own (probably b/c I've lived in NYC before).

I was approved for housing, but I'll be married by the time we start school, so if they can't guarantee me a single (and they can't) I'll be living in an apartment too. I'm going to look in Brooklyn and Hoboken NJ - those are good areas to look into too. Not looking for a roomate though - much rather live on my own (probably b/c I've lived in NYC before).

So are you're at risk of losing the $1000 deposit in the case you don't get the single room, correct?

correct. That's why I won't be submitting the housing form.