To those who have been accepted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetcalie08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have been accepted... have you been accepted under "conditional" status? If so, what minimum grade must you earn in all of your remaining prereqs to remain admitted? B? C? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that every pharm school acceptance is "conditional". Every student has to finish the pre-reqs with the required grades and keep their GPA above the minimum. Usually, that just means keeping at least a "C" in any remaining class. I don't know of any program that requires a "B". For all practical purposes, I think that a "conditional" acceptance is a "real" acceptance unless the student starts getting D's or Failing.

My intention of this post was sort of to see who else is under the condition to maintain a "B" or higher like I am required to do for SDSU. :( OChem final in one week...scary...especially nervous since about 77% got a "C" or lower on our last midterm, sort of meaning I need to be in the top 23% of tons of mega-geniouses to maintain my acceptance. :eek: Yup, and 55% failed that midterm...that's already figuring in the set curve. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get discouraged... :) At least, you are trying with your all. *I am in the same boat... I have to study myself to death to get a B (but somehow I always end up in a class where the teacher is satan.) Good luck with life and I am sure you will make an excellent pharmacist! :D

pharmtech77 said:
My intention of this post was sort of to see who else is under the condition to maintain a "B" or higher like I am required to do for SDSU.
I remember reading your posts earlier. They specifically said that your acceptance will be pulled if you don't get a "B" or higher in every remaining course? I would think it would make things pretty hectic around the admissions office. Transcripts would be rolling in around June/July/August, and the new class is supposed to start in August? So, if anyone gets a "C", they have to reject them and find someone from the alternate list with "B"s or higher??? (not to mention summer classes?)

Doesn't it kind of make sense that they chose you because you're already better qualified than the alternates? So, if you get a "C" and they chose an alternate, wouldn't that essentially be the same as intentionally admitting a lower caliber student in the first place?

I would think it quite possible that different schools have different policies. The best place to get this information is from the school itself.

And JD, those of us who finished our prerequisites before applying were acceped unconditionally. ;)

Once you get here remember... C = Pharm.D. (And in the non-core courses... D-=Pharm.D.) I love this policy.

bananaface said:
And JD, those of us who finished our prerequisites before applying were acceped unconditionally. ;)
In theory, it would be possible to have all pre-reqs finished with acceptable grades, but still get rejected due to a low cumulative gpa. Even if the classes are not pre-reqs, I think the school would take issue if you presented them with a semester full of 18 hours of failed credit from your last day of undergrad. It's not likely, but it makes sense to me. ;)

My conditional terms was to complete 4 classes with a B average. I had just finished 3 and it left Organic II which I just finished this week. However, the very next paragraph said that I had to complete all remaining courses while maintaining my academic standards which was 4.0. Talk about pressure.

imperial frog said:
My conditional terms was to complete 4 classes with a B average. I had just finished 3 and it left Organic II which I just finished this week. However, the very next paragraph said that I had to complete all remaining courses while maintaining my academic standards which was 4.0. Talk about pressure.

By that, do you mean a B in every class, or a 3.0 for that term? When I tell some of my friends that I must get a B or higher in every class, they assume I mean a 3.0 term gpa...but it's the B in every class scenario.

Also, are you sure they meant getting a 4.0 was maintaining your academic standards? That is a lot of pressure if that's what they mean.

Cripes I just did HORRIBLY in genetics and having to retake it in addition to my last pharm pre-req, microbio. I'm kind of worried what UT will have to say if I get accepted and they see this blotch on my transcript :( I'm definitely shooting for an A after retaking it this summer but even still..

djbacklash said:
Cripes I just did HORRIBLY in genetics and having to retake it in addition to my last pharm pre-req, microbio. I'm kind of worried what UT will have to say if I get accepted and they see this blotch on my transcript :( I'm definitely shooting for an A after retaking it this summer but even still..

This school also says that you can't count on retaking courses during the summer to maintain your conditional acceptance...must get the B on the first try otherwise you'll be "re-evaluated." Don't want to bring bad news and hopefully UT is not like that. Just another "cripes" to my situation. ;)

Also, hmm gee, I'm starting to hope the adcoms don't see all my posts about their school. It's an awesome school but I don't like saying anything near-negative about it! Just trying to sort out my feelings/worries though. :oops:

imperial frog said:
However, the very next paragraph said that I had to complete all remaining courses while maintaining my academic standards which was 4.0. Talk about pressure.

I got the same letter last year from UF. It said that I had to maintain my same academic standards in all remaining course work. At the time, I had a 4.0 and then ended up getting a B in Org II. I was scared at first, but realized that it was just a form letter.

What about withdrawing from a class? would that affect your acceptance status?

jdpharmd? said:
In theory, it would be possible to have all pre-reqs finished with acceptable grades, but still get rejected due to a low cumulative gpa. Even if the classes are not pre-reqs, I think the school would take issue if you presented them with a semester full of 18 hours of failed credit from your last day of undergrad. It's not likely, but it makes sense to me. ;)

Ok. Let me rephrase.... Because I completed my prereqs and BS then didn't take any more classes before applying to pharmacy school my acceptance was not conditional. Now will you agree that there is such a thing as non-conditional acceptance, JD? :)