Today's FL: 497, 5 weeks until MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sadlyanon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
Everyone. I just created a new account for security reasons.

I have been studying for the MCAT since march on and off. And I'm taking it in July 22 really wanting to apply this cycle. My application is 85% done and I want to submit July 1st.

As for the MCAT today is my third FL so far.
My first two were from EK and I was doing well ~63%. Today I switched to NS. I took NS #2FL and got a 497.

Looking at the conversion of EK a 63% correlates to 508.

So what I'm wondering is,
Is 5 weeks enough time to reach my target 510+? Increasing 4 points every weeks?

I know there is debate on the NS vs Kaplan EK etc. should I stick to EK FL since that's giving me the best scores? The EK 30 have been go pretty well for me as well, 60-70% correct which my course instructor said was a good place.
While going through the NS bank I noticed they are extremely detailed. Like "what enzyme catalyzes the third rxn in the CAC"
B/B AAMC section bank seemed EASIER than the NS fl I took, so maybe ns is way to hard for confidence building. Please let me know what you think!

Any plans to get from a 497(NS) 63(EK) to 510?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying MD or DO?

7/22 is a late MCAT and the conversion tables are not reliable. If you study hard and take the AAMC scored (1 or 2) and get near 510, maybe take the test. I would suggest delaying and applying next cycle though.

7/22 MCAT wouldn't be late for DO.
Even for MD, I don't think July 22nd would be late. Just make sure you have everything verified before your MCAT score comes out and prewrite your secondaries so you have those ready to submit.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The only scores that can truly predict your real scores are your AAMC FLs. Just use third party exams as practice and getting used to taking a 6+ hr exam.

Reactions: 1 users