Today's Words of Encouragement!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ianwright

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my fourth year applying to medical school - but hey, thats life - (you make some money, then you die)

:) KEEP SMILING!

Members don't see this ad.

ian, you're really on the ball today. :thumbup:

2tall said:
ian, you're really on the ball today. :thumbup:

But do I make you smile?

If no, then I'll leave.

Members don't see this ad :)
ianwright said:
But do I make you smile?

If no, then I'll leave.

I have to say, you mad me smile. I just got my rejection letter from the last school I had a chance at for this year. I actually thought I was going to be accepted to this school and was eagerly awaiting at least a waitlist call. I will of course apply again next year, but I hate knowing that I'll actually have to use my Plan B and put off starting my life. No one should have to use a Plan B. Ambition sucks.

Thanks for making me smile :)

ianwright said:
But do I make you smile?

If no, then I'll leave.
Naahhh, don't leave. I like seeing your name in red. It makes you stand out! That makes me smile.

It's because I made some wise guy comment about there being an exponential increase in the amount of applicants over the past few years.

I mean - exponential - pre-med students actually buy that?

Someone ratted me out. It's OK, I understand why those kinds of comments shouldn't be made. (Hyperbole - it was so obvious that I thought people would catch on).

But sorry guys - I like this network, and I will change my attitude so that I can stay on).

ianwright said:
This is my fourth year applying to medical school - but hey, thats life - (you make some money, then you die)

:) KEEP SMILING!

wow, now that's perseverance. but, you know, life isnt as dreary as your comment makes it seem. applying for the fourth time is a very difficult thing, but trials and hardships help to give life meaning. someone like paris hilton, who has practically every material object at her fingertips, will never be able to develop the kind of character as someone who has struggled through life. life never turns out as we planned. thank God for that.

ianwright said:
It's because I made some wise guy comment about there being an exponential increase in the amount of applicants over the past few years.

I mean - exponential - pre-med students actually buy that?

Someone ratted me out. It's OK, I understand why those kinds of comments shouldn't be made. (Hyperbole - it was so obvious that I thought people would catch on).

But sorry guys - I like this network, and I will change my attitude so that I can stay on).

I was stunned when I saw the responses to your post. I thought it was pretty clear that you were joking around...keep plugging away.

I actually read that thread. I thought you were probed for something else. You can't mess around with us pre-meds. There is no joking matter when it comes to getting into medical school. :rolleyes: