You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
toefl advice
Started by starrynight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i've just checked my itb profile and my score was there...finally🙂
as usual i did better where i didn't expect and worse where i thought i did well...what can i say..
so, my score is 108 with reading/listening 29, speaking 26 and writing 24...i don't get the writing part..do you know someone how asked for rescoring the writing part?😀 do i sound crazy?
elto, i hope your waiting has come to an end too, and most of all that you are satisfied with your score🙂-talk/write to you later🙂
so, what can i say...only one more advice, in the speaking part, try to be very focused and touch all the major points...don't talk too much about one argument, you may waste precious seconds and you will not be able to finish...so, all the best for those who are preparig for toefl!!!!👍
as usual i did better where i didn't expect and worse where i thought i did well...what can i say..
so, my score is 108 with reading/listening 29, speaking 26 and writing 24...i don't get the writing part..do you know someone how asked for rescoring the writing part?😀 do i sound crazy?
elto, i hope your waiting has come to an end too, and most of all that you are satisfied with your score🙂-talk/write to you later🙂
so, what can i say...only one more advice, in the speaking part, try to be very focused and touch all the major points...don't talk too much about one argument, you may waste precious seconds and you will not be able to finish...so, all the best for those who are preparig for toefl!!!!👍
i've just checked my itb profile and my score was there...finally🙂
as usual i did better where i didn't expect and worse where i thought i did well...what can i say..
so, my score is 108 with reading/listening 29, speaking 26 and writing 24...i don't get the writing part..do you know someone how asked for rescoring the writing part?😀 do i sound crazy?
elto, i hope your waiting has come to an end too, and most of all that you are satisfied with your score🙂-talk/write to you later🙂
so, what can i say...only one more advice, in the speaking part, try to be very focused and touch all the major points...don't talk too much about one argument, you may waste precious seconds and you will not be able to finish...so, all the best for those who are preparig for toefl!!!!👍
Hi Starry:
I got mine too... It's 110.... W,R,L = 29 each and Speaking= 23... 👎 I think I didn't go to the point, gave to many detalles and was not able to finish within the given time... Also, I have a STRONG hispanic accent... 😳
I'm glad you did well too... Keep in touch, OK?
Good luck to all of you taking TOEFL...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Starry:
I got mine too... It's 110.... W,R,L = 29 each and Speaking= 23... 👎 I think I didn't go to the point, gave to many detalles and was not able to finish within the given time... Also, I have a STRONG hispanic accent... 😳
I'm glad you did well too... Keep in touch, OK?
Good luck to all of you taking TOEFL...
You're Hispanic? From where? I am located in Mexico, trying to apply this year to schools out there in the states. you got an awesome score on your TOEFL! Congrats! I take mine this Saturday, hope i do as well as you!
Awesome score, congratulations.👍Got 105 total...Reading Listening Speaking Writing , 26 29 23 27 ,respectively.
Where are you from? Are you Russian?
Hi
i just got my score today toefl 104 ...i am worried ...i dont know if i have to take it again ........for CBT i think 250 is the score universities ask for....but for ibt???
please help me
i just got my score today toefl 104 ...i am worried ...i dont know if i have to take it again ........for CBT i think 250 is the score universities ask for....but for ibt???
please help me
check univ. sites..everyone of them asks a specific score..above 100 you should be fine..120 is the max. you can get...as far as i know UIC needs 80, but some of eastern coast univ ask 100...either way you're OK👍
good luck!
good luck!
HI i just got my score today
got 110
👎 in writting : (24) thanks to my typos i guess.. but no problem I am way safe from the iceberg !
I have posted what i had refereed to earlier in this thread !
Piece of advice ?? well just be clear and coherent. and make ur own plans and concentrate on ur weak module
cheer up !!
got 110
👎 in writting : (24) thanks to my typos i guess.. but no problem I am way safe from the iceberg !
I have posted what i had refereed to earlier in this thread !
Piece of advice ?? well just be clear and coherent. and make ur own plans and concentrate on ur weak module
cheer up !!
Hi
i just got my score today toefl 104 ...i am worried ...i dont know if i have to take it again ........for CBT i think 250 is the score universities ask for....but for ibt???
please help me
hi cheer up !! i adgree with starrry sky
U r safe i guess
The min score asked in universites who ask for higher score ( did it make sense ) is 100
And u r way safe !
🙂
and luck with ur plans !
cheers !
Thankyou starrynight and docpheonix
congrats docphoenix! you did great! best of luck with your applications👍👍
The waiting is killing me it has been 14 days already and no posting yet i need to send my aplications soon
The waiting is killing me it has been 14 days already and no posting yet i need to send my aplications soon
hello,
there are 15 business days, so almost 3 weeks...check here http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/...nnel=7929d898c84f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD
i was supposed to see the results on the 13th..and they were available only on the 16th..so...good luck
.when you receive the results post your application using first class mail, it's supposed to reach your destination in 2-3 days...i posted mine with delivery confirmation so i knew exactly when it arrived...again, good luckHi friends,hello,
there are 15 business days, so almost 3 weeks...check here http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/...nnel=7929d898c84f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD
i was supposed to see the results on the 13th..and they were available only on the 16th..so...good luck.when you receive the results post your application using first class mail, it's supposed to reach your destination in 2-3 days...i posted mine with delivery confirmation so i knew exactly when it arrived...again, good luck
I got my toefl score .it is 99,but for reading section ,i got only 20.so i am realy disappointed,i cannot apply to UCLA.They ask for minimum score of 21 in reading section.I am thinking to retake it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi friends,
I got my toefl score .it is 99,but for reading section ,i got only 20.so i am realy disappointed,i cannot apply to UCLA.They ask for minimum score of 21 in reading section.I am thinking to retake it.
i think u should call UCLA first and tell them your situation may be they will consider your score.if then don't consider then u shud think of retaking it.good luck
I would say retake your toefl. You still have time. If you call them and they say yes even for the current score, when doing the preliminary screening your application might get cut off at the very begining. The "Yes" would be valid only if they do not have many applicants.
Hope this helps.
Hope this helps.
Hi friends,
I got my toefl score .it is 99,but for reading section ,i got only 20.so i am realy disappointed,i cannot apply to UCLA.They ask for minimum score of 21 in reading section.I am thinking to retake it.
And even if they say yes and you make it to the interviews They gonna ask you why the low scores> Remeber this is a very competive program and they accept those who meet the requierements and have and oustanding cv
hi
i have a toefl score of 87 and want to improve it. please sugest me some preparation tips specially for the writing section.
hello vishwas,
i took some college ESL classes that helped me a lot..if you don't have time for those try the books that i said earlier in this thread, they are good references;
good luck!🙂
congrats!!!! nice job🙂in R,L,S,W 27,29,26,29 RESPECTIVELY
good luck 👍👍
I got my results posted on the net on Aug the first but still waiting for the hard copy in the mail. Anybody have any idea how long it takes to get your copy in the mail after your scores have been posted in the website? I am running out of time for UIC
I got my results posted on the net on Aug the first but still waiting for the hard copy in the mail. Anybody have any idea how long it takes to get your copy in the mail after your scores have been posted in the website? I am running out of time for UIC
they should be there any day; i got mine one day after i saw them online...truth to be said i saw the scores online 3 days after they were supposed to be seen....
didn't you choose to send the scores directly to UIC? if so you can proceed with the application, can't you?
good luck!
hello there,
i don't know if you rememeber guys, but when i received my toefl score i said that i didnt quite agreed with their score for my written part...so i asked for a rescoring...i recieved my score today...i was complaining about the second essay scoring..the first score was 2.5-3.5-fair-and now is 4-5 -good-..the increase in the overall score is not outsanding, but i proved my point😀😀
the idea is that you should have faith in yourself and you have to persevere in attaining your purposes🙂
good luck to everybody!
i don't know if you rememeber guys, but when i received my toefl score i said that i didnt quite agreed with their score for my written part...so i asked for a rescoring...i recieved my score today...i was complaining about the second essay scoring..the first score was 2.5-3.5-fair-and now is 4-5 -good-..the increase in the overall score is not outsanding, but i proved my point😀😀
the idea is that you should have faith in yourself and you have to persevere in attaining your purposes🙂
good luck to everybody!
I don't think there is a waiting period between tests.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
u can take the toefl once in every month👍
any body?...........time gap between 2 toefl exams?😕
i took the toefl test jun9..havent received my scores in mail yet..wrote to them (it took them 10 days to reply)..they said they have mailed it..i asked them if they could send me another since i havent recieved it yet..i guess it will take another 10 days for a reply..
any other way?
any other way?
back after a long breakk !
persistance personified !! congrats !!!
now we all have a living example of believing in oneself !!! 😀
good luck !!
persistance personified !! congrats !!!
now we all have a living example of believing in oneself !!! 😀
good luck !!
hello there,
i don't know if you rememeber guys, but when i received my toefl score i said that i didnt quite agreed with their score for my written part...so i asked for a rescoring...i recieved my score today...i was complaining about the second essay scoring..the first score was 2.5-3.5-fair-and now is 4-5 -good-..the increase in the overall score is not outsanding, but i proved my point😀😀
the idea is that you should have faith in yourself and you have to persevere in attaining your purposes🙂
good luck to everybody!
hello there,
i don't know if you rememeber guys, but when i received my toefl score i said that i didnt quite agreed with their score for my written part...so i asked for a rescoring...i recieved my score today...i was complaining about the second essay scoring..the first score was 2.5-3.5-fair-and now is 4-5 -good-..the increase in the overall score is not outsanding, but i proved my point😀😀
the idea is that you should have faith in yourself and you have to persevere in attaining your purposes🙂
good luck to everybody!
Oh ..thought that happened only to me. they gave me 18 in speaking, overall 99. so I ordered a rescoring, and began preparing to retake. ten days after that, I saw the 18 changed online to 23..overall 104
not so good but I cant do better😛hello again,
as i told you o saw my new score a couple of weeks before, but the mail answer came only yesterday...the even better news was that because they had to upgrade my score, so probably they considered it was their fault, they refunded me my money that i paid for the rescoring🙂🙂🙂
as i told you o saw my new score a couple of weeks before, but the mail answer came only yesterday...the even better news was that because they had to upgrade my score, so probably they considered it was their fault, they refunded me my money that i paid for the rescoring🙂🙂🙂
hello again,
as i told you o saw my new score a couple of weeks before, but the mail answer came only yesterday...the even better news was that because they had to upgrade my score, so probably they considered it was their fault, they refunded me my money that i paid for the rescoring🙂🙂🙂
thats great.......
i got score of 99 in toefl and really intrested to improve the score ,anybody in the same situation ,intrested in combine study please pm me.[i took this test before and I had to retake is bad I can no tape fast any advice
you can take as many times as you want in a year. The only condition is that you can not take the exam more than once in a single day.u can take the toefl once in every month👍
Oh ..thought that happened only to me. they gave me 18 in speaking, overall 99. so I ordered a rescoring, and began preparing to retake. ten days after that, I saw the 18 changed online to 23..overall 104not so good but I cant do better😛
same thing happened to me.
Congrats to everyone that got good scores!
I was planning on taking it in January or February but I checked out the ETS site and it said I can only take it in Oct, Nov and Dec...😕 I'll probably have to call Prometric when I get to the States...
But anyway, can someone tell me if it's better to take the iBT or the CBT? Is one easier than the other? Is it true that once you've entered your answer you can't go back and change it? Is the time period enough to answer all the questions in a relaxed way? (I tend to panic & stress out when I'm timed 😳 )
Thanks!
I was planning on taking it in January or February but I checked out the ETS site and it said I can only take it in Oct, Nov and Dec...😕 I'll probably have to call Prometric when I get to the States...
But anyway, can someone tell me if it's better to take the iBT or the CBT? Is one easier than the other? Is it true that once you've entered your answer you can't go back and change it? Is the time period enough to answer all the questions in a relaxed way? (I tend to panic & stress out when I'm timed 😳 )
Thanks!
Hi monreal
can you please tell me how to apply for the rescoring report. I would really appreciate it.
hello there,
http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/07_08_toefl_ibt_rescoring_request_form.pdf
that's what you need, good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi monreal
can you please tell me how to apply for the rescoring report. I would really appreciate it.
Hi
I just want to tell my experience with the rescoring..please don't do it if you are not really sure...I did it and they lowered my score two points..from 108 to 106...now I 'm feeling very dissapointed and stupid..
that's it
Hi
I just want to tell my experience with the rescoring..please don't do it if you are not really sure...I did it and they lowered my score two points..from 108 to 106...now I 'm feeling very dissapointed and stupid..
that's it
sorry to hear that🙁...it's a risk you're taking while doing this..as you said you really have to be sure...sorry again
hi starryhello again,
as i told you o saw my new score a couple of weeks before, but the mail answer came only yesterday...the even better news was that because they had to upgrade my score, so probably they considered it was their fault, they refunded me my money that i paid for the rescoring🙂🙂🙂
even i got 5 marks more in rescoring and and i viewed my new score one week before but i didn't get my official copy in mail yet..and they refunded my money too..do you know to whom i need to contact for the info?i applied for rescoring one month before 🙁
hi starry
even i got 5 marks more in rescoring and and i viewed my new score one week before but i didn't get my official copy in mail yet..and they refunded my money too..do you know to whom i need to contact for the info?i applied for rescoring one month before 🙁
hello there,
my mail copy came late too, i don't remember how late, but at least one week after i saw the results online; they sent the results to my univ( that i asked when i took the exam) too so i didn't have to do anything related to this; go through the website for the phone, i didn't call them...good luck!
hi starryhello there,
my mail copy came late too, i don't remember how late, but at least one week after i saw the results online; they sent the results to my univ( that i asked when i took the exam) too so i didn't have to do anything related to this; go through the website for the phone, i didn't call them...good luck!
thanks for the information
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K