Tom Cruise Goes off on Crew for Not Following COVID-19 Protocols

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did Cruise cross the line?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Saw this article and totally agree with the sentiment and wish more people followed this example. I don't think he crossed the line. Do you?

Members don't see this ad.

"I care about you guys"

LOL

Wonder if he is militant about covering noses

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That man has my respect. He looks genuinely passionate about what he does. That being said, I couldnt careless about what others do or think about something I care very little about. Good for him for what ever he was passionate about though.

On a side note, hollywood celebrities telling me how to live my life is like my dog barking at me. If you get my drift.

Reactions: 1 users
Mission Impossible movies are highly underrated.

so he could go in and shout at everyone in pharmacy break rooms? and we'd all applaud?

To be honest, we are 10 months into this and if you took this seriously from the start, you made a lot of sacrificing. Why throw it away it all away now... Or worse yet, have someone throw it away for you

Reactions: 2 users
so he could go in and shout at everyone in pharmacy break rooms? and we'd all applaud?
He's only the boss on his movie set. So I suppose the answer is "yes" provided this pharmacy break room also happens to be on his set.

Truest statement I heard today. Phenomenal entertainment

This opera scene was incredible. I don't think many people have seen it because it wasn't in the trailer.

Also this bathroom fight was awesome.

This opera scene was incredible. I don't think many people have seen it because it wasn't in the trailer.

Also this bathroom fight was awesome.

Yeah. The hand to hand combat scenes really stand out, similar to John Wick. Looks so realistic. I guess there is a degree of realism, after all he does scale the buildings, hang off of airplanes, hold his breath underwater for >6 minutes, break his foot jumping from one roof to the next.

The opera scene reminded me that of how artistic some of these scenes can be.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I only recently learned he does his own stunts. That’s quite impressive for those movies!
Yeah, the funny thing for me was I would have never thought that this would be a selling point for me. However, the prolonged close up shots (rather than cut aways) for movies like the MI and John Wick franchise really are top notch. Also, the stunts only get more elaborate, and he is getting no younger. Impressive indeed.

Not a bad alternative. How many times have you watched it?

Yeah. The hand to hand combat scenes really stand out, similar to John Wick. Looks so realistic. I guess there is a degree of realism, after all he does scale the buildings, hang off of airplanes, hold his breath underwater for >6 minutes, break his foot jumping from one roof to the next.

The opera scene reminded me that of how artistic some of these scenes can be.

Should see bathroom fight scene in Columbiana. And the fight scene last episode of cobra kai season 2

Like he was so caring about brook shields when she took meds for postpartum depression?
You mean exercise doesn't have positive psychological benefits? I kid.

Doesn't his exaggerated (non-empathathetic) response to Brooke Shields prove how maniacally passionate he is? Wrong or right, dude is intense.

You mean exercise doesn't have positive psychological benefits? I kid.

Doesn't his exaggerated (non-empathathetic) response to Brooke Shields prove how maniacally passionate he is? Wrong or right, dude is intense.
Yes Scientologists are intense.

Last edited:
Not sure how familiar y'all are with Scientology but cruise is a big boss of it
Admittedly, I am not very familiar. I know he's a zealot and high-ranking member, and their beliefs and practices are far from mainstream. That said, I generally divorce the art from the artist if possible. For him, I think he consistently makes great movies. As long as his actions and team keep the focus on that, I am happy.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I am not very familiar. I know he's a zealot and high-ranking member, and their beliefs and practices are far from mainstream. That said, I generally divorce the art from the artist if possible. For him, I think he consistently makes great movies. As long as his actions and team keep the focus on that, I am happy.
You should look into it. It's interesting. You can still divorce him from that in movies, but it is something you may like or dislike.

For the bathroom fight scene, are you talking about Mission Impossible 6 Fallout or a different movie?

Never saw Cobra Kai. Is it a good show?

He said bathroom fight scene in Columbiana so it must be that movie.

Cobra Kai is one of my favorite shows, must watch if you're an 80s fan! I really don't watch many shows but I binge watched this plus Mandalorian and Game of Thrones. These are the only 3 shows I've watched this decade.

He said bathroom fight scene in Columbiana so it must be that movie.

Cobra Kai is one of my favorite shows, must watch if you're an 80s fan! I really don't watch many shows but I binge watched this plus Mandalorian and Game of Thrones. These are the only 3 shows I've watched this decade.
Totally missed that he was talking about Columbiana. Makes me want to rewatch, as I don't recall the scene.

For GOT, I was massively disappointed with the storytelling during the last 2 seasons. That's a shame because storytelling was such a strength. It's as if once they no longer had the books, they just rushed towards completion. I wish the showrunners would have just stepped aside and let someone who really wanted to see it to completion take the reigns. Great series, but for me it has an asterisk.

If you want to see a great fight sequence, watch the last episode of cobra kai season 2. Awesome sequence there.

Cobra Kai season 3 is out!

I saw the making of the Cobra Kai season 2 fight sequence and they all have body doubles. Kinda takes away from the coolness a little.

Cobra Kai season 3 is out!

I saw the making of the Cobra Kai season 2 fight sequence and they all have body doubles. Kinda takes away from the coolness a little.

Of course they do. Doesn't make sense to get the actor hurt and lose out on production time.

Even in his fifties, Tom Cruise continues to wow audiences by doing dangerous stunts. Still, he doesn't go “all the way” in many cases; he does have a stunt double, whom he has worked with on several major action films including Jack Reacher and Knight and Day.Feb 29, 2020
1609728284086.png

www.cheatsheet.com › entertainment

Does Tom Cruise Really Do All His Own Stunts? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet

• Wow
Of course they do. Doesn't make sense to get the actor hurt and lose out on production time.

Even in his fifties, Tom Cruise continues to wow audiences by doing dangerous stunts. Still, he doesn't go “all the way” in many cases; he does have a stunt double, whom he has worked with on several major action films including Jack Reacher and Knight and Day.Feb 29, 2020
View attachment 326491
www.cheatsheet.com › entertainment

Does Tom Cruise Really Do All His Own Stunts? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet

The cobra kai stunt doubles were used even in scenes that weren't dangerous. The stunt doubles were basically sparring in the hallway. The actors probably aren't martial artists in real life. The actress who plays Sam doesn't look athletic at all.

The cobra kai stunt doubles were used even in scenes that weren't dangerous. The stunt doubles were basically sparring in the hallway. The actors probably aren't martial artists in real life. The actress who plays Sam doesn't look athletic at all.
Yeesh. It's a silly show. If you don't like it don't watch it
I like that fight scene doesn't matter to me.
It would have been exhausting for the actors to do everything

Yeesh. It's a silly show. If you don't like it don't watch it
I like that fight scene doesn't matter to me.
It would have been exhausting for the actors to do everything

It's one of my favorite shows.

I didn’t know if they used body doubles or not but I did wonder if some of the actors had any experience. Like you say most of them don’t have the build you would expect for that discipline.

based on the avatar the last Airbender movie it’s better to get actors and train them to do the stunts then to get someone who can do the stunts and try to train them to act.

I didn’t know if they used body doubles or not but I did wonder if some of the actors had any experience. Like you say most of them don’t have the build you would expect for that discipline.

based on the avatar the last Airbender movie it’s better to get actors and train them to do the stunts then to get someone who can do the stunts and try to train them to act.
Who was in the last Airbender?