too late for january pcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bhavesh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For someone with the following background, is it difficult to adequately prepare for the 1/20/07 PCAT?

-bachelor's in biochemistry including...
-bio: general 1&2, cell bio, genetics, biochem 1&2, physics 1&2, systems physiology, anatomy 1, microbio, molecular bio, mol. bio lab (lab only) and developmenal bio
-chem: general 1&2, orgo 1&2, physical biochem
-physics: general physics 1&2
-math: calc 1&2, statistics, linear algebra, intro computer sci.
-Kaplan MCAT review (2 years ago)

I figure I'll pick up the barron's book and put in a few hours/day for review, then just take practice tests w' review for a solid week.

Add to that a few New York Times articles that'll I'll read and summarize in a few words to sharpen up my verbal/written skills.

Sound feasible?

I want to apply for Fall '08, so I'll take it now, apply in March, and potentially re-take in June '07 if I feel I can do better.

Members don't see this ad.

For someone with the following background, is it difficult to adequately prepare for the 1/20/07 PCAT?

-bachelor's in biochemistry including...
-bio: general 1&2, cell bio, genetics, biochem 1&2, physics 1&2, systems physiology, anatomy 1, microbio, molecular bio, mol. bio lab (lab only) and developmenal bio
-chem: general 1&2, orgo 1&2, physical biochem
-physics: general physics 1&2
-math: calc 1&2, statistics, linear algebra, intro computer sci.
-Kaplan MCAT review (2 years ago)

I figure I'll pick up the barron's book and put in a few hours/day for review, then just take practice tests w' review for a solid week.

Add to that a few New York Times articles that'll I'll read and summarize in a few words to sharpen up my verbal/written skills.

Sound feasible?

I want to apply for Fall '08, so I'll take it now, apply in March, and potentially re-take in June '07 if I feel I can do better.
i dont see why not, the only trouble you may run into is remebering

Since you're applying for Fall 2008, why don't you just take the June 2007 PCAT? Applying in March for Fall 2008 will not increase your chances, since the application cycle doesn't even begin until July or so. The schools might even think you're a late Fall 2007 applicant.

There is really no point in rushing to take the January test. I understand you think you're very well qualified to take this test, but having more time to study is always better. Yes, the test is much easier than the MCAT. I'll tell you that I only studied for three weeks and got above 96%ile on every section. But if you have a choice, why do that to yourself??

Plus, you sound like me after I graduated and didn't get into pharmacy school, so I decided I wanted to be a lawyer because I felt like I had no direction in life. "OMG I gotta do something meaningful, lemme take the LSAT, become a paralegal and get into law school!" But I snapped out of it. Maybe you'll even realize in these 6 long months that you don't really wanna be a pharmacist. You're a doctor at heart, right?