Too Late for My Application?

MrZ123

DAT: AA/TS/PAT 21/22/21
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
  1. Dentist
    I am ready to submit my application within the next 2 days.

I just took the DAT today and did very well. Is it too late to send in my application?

Will submitting it this late hurt my chances at getting into schools?

Thanks for any help

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Gold Member
    Dec 11, 2004
    Texas
    1. Dentist
      MrZ123 said:
      I am ready to submit my application within the next 2 days.

I just took the DAT today and did very well. Is it too late to send in my application?

Will submitting it this late hurt my chances at getting into schools?

Thanks for any help

Yes submitting your application LATE can hurt your chances... but thank goodness you're still early :)

MrZ123

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 20, 2006
      1. Dentist
        That is good to hear.

I was just reading some other posts here and people were saying that it is getting late.

My DAT scores are really good and so is my GPA and I go to Bowdoin College which is a great school.

I'm gonna submit the application tomorrow or over the weekend, just need to perfect my personal statement.

AADSAS really seems to suck.

About the Ads

Fariba

10+ Year Member
        Jun 9, 2006
        Los Angeles, California
        1. Pre-Dental
          MrZ123 said:
          AADSAS really seems to suck.

mmmmmm.... I am going to have to disagree with you on that. You know why? Because I would really rather be doing something else instead of sending 15 individual copies of transcripts, LOR, essays, application questions, etc. out to all the dental schools.

Imagine if there was no AADSAS to neatly organize and mail out your files... I think you would hate the application cycle A LOT more!

So, stop complaining... and start appreciating. ;)

MrZ123

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Jul 20, 2006
          1. Dentist
            I agree, they are useful. But to be honest I could print out 15 copies of an application and essays and everything and send it out in just a few days.

They will take months.

If right now I had the option, I would certainly just do it all myself to get it out. Speaking of that, is it possible to just print the application and send it yourself?

tom_servo_dds

10+ Year Member
            Jun 20, 2006
            1. Pre-Dental
              INFNITE said:
              AADSAS is useful but slow as hell. They could use some efficiency in terms of processing applications.

Last year they did 200 applications at a time ONCE a week - this year they do 450 applications at a time but TWICE a week. They have made considerable progress and are trying to keep up with the huge increases in applicants.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.