MrZ123

DAT: AA/TS/PAT 21/22/21
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Dentist
I am ready to submit my application within the next 2 days.

I just took the DAT today and did very well. Is it too late to send in my application?

Will submitting it this late hurt my chances at getting into schools?

Thanks for any help

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
Dentist
MrZ123 said:
I am ready to submit my application within the next 2 days.

I just took the DAT today and did very well. Is it too late to send in my application?

Will submitting it this late hurt my chances at getting into schools?

Thanks for any help
Yes submitting your application LATE can hurt your chances... but thank goodness you're still early :)

OP
M

MrZ123

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Dentist
That is good to hear.

I was just reading some other posts here and people were saying that it is getting late.

My DAT scores are really good and so is my GPA and I go to Bowdoin College which is a great school.

I'm gonna submit the application tomorrow or over the weekend, just need to perfect my personal statement.

AADSAS really seems to suck.

Fariba

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Los Angeles, California
Status
Pre-Dental
MrZ123 said:
AADSAS really seems to suck.

mmmmmm.... I am going to have to disagree with you on that. You know why? Because I would really rather be doing something else instead of sending 15 individual copies of transcripts, LOR, essays, application questions, etc. out to all the dental schools.

Imagine if there was no AADSAS to neatly organize and mail out your files... I think you would hate the application cycle A LOT more!

So, stop complaining... and start appreciating. ;)

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status
Dental Student
AADSAS is useful but slow as hell. They could use some efficiency in terms of processing applications.

OP
M

MrZ123

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Dentist
I agree, they are useful. But to be honest I could print out 15 copies of an application and essays and everything and send it out in just a few days.

They will take months.

If right now I had the option, I would certainly just do it all myself to get it out. Speaking of that, is it possible to just print the application and send it yourself?

tom_servo_dds

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
INFNITE said:
AADSAS is useful but slow as hell. They could use some efficiency in terms of processing applications.
Last year they did 200 applications at a time ONCE a week - this year they do 450 applications at a time but TWICE a week. They have made considerable progress and are trying to keep up with the huge increases in applicants.

OP
M

MrZ123

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Dentist
Sounds good, I am sending mine out tomorrow. I wonder if paying off the AADSAS person on the phone can get my **** sent out immediately.

Hopin'

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
Status
Dental Student
INFNITE said:

especially for the amount of $$ they charge..........