too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatima2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats are: 3.69 overall GPA as a double major in biology and religion. My OAT scores are: 340 AA and 360 TS with nothing below 310. I haven't applied yet even though I took the OAt last February. I just needed to make sure I wanted this 100% and apply whole-heartedly. I will have the application out next week. I want to apply to the following schools:

Berkeley, Salus, ICO, NECO, SUNY, OSU, and UHCO

Members don't see this ad.

My stats are: 3.69 overall GPA as a double major in biology and religion. My OAT scores are: 340 AA and 360 TS with nothing below 310. I haven't applied yet even though I took the OAt last February. I just needed to make sure I wanted this 100% and apply whole-heartedly. I will have the application out next week. I want to apply to the following schools:

Berkeley, Salus, ICO, NECO, SUNY, OSU, and UHCO

Obviously the earlier the better but it's highly unlikely that it's too late. Even if it were much later, I'd tell you to still apply because you never want to reject yourself. Let them reject you.

No it's not too late...but you need to get started now! As I'm sure you can guess, your GPA and OAT's are competitive, so you're in good shape. However, the deadlines for some of those schools are approaching. I know for Berkeley it is beginning of December. Some of the others have rolling admissions, so the earlier the better.
So, long story short, good for you that you have taken the time to be sure. Now that you are sure, get started on those apps! :oops: Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also make sure you ask people for recommendations soon, some people love to take forever to write them for you

I think you have great stats so you'll definitely get interviews if you apply by the schools deadlines.

It seems that you were having doubts about optometry, what made you want this 100%? I'm just curious...

Thanks everyone for replying. I decided to apply after shadowing and talking to another optometrist. He enjoys what he does, and I found it interesting. I was just worried before because I do not want to feel as if I am stuck after going to optometry school. I was thinking about MD for the longest time but decided against it. I learned that there are so many options for a practicing optometrist, and now I have no doubts!

So for anyone unsure of what to do, then I suggest shadowing as much as possible.