Too late to send a letter of interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jusanothapremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I am currently on the waiting list for three schools I am still pretty interesting in attending. Honestly I care mostly about finances at this point so the main reason I am still interested is to see if I can get a more favorable financial aid package.

If I haven't had any contact with these schools since I was waitlisted, do you think if I sent in a letter of interest/update on some recent activities tomorrow or Tuesday if I would still have a decent chance at getting off the waitlist? Or are schools looking for me to have maintained contact throughout this whole waiting period?

I know the whole mantra that sending a letter can't hurt, but writing yet another medical school letter is just not what I would like to be doing right now. So I'd rather not if it's just going to be a waste.

(if it matters, these are schools in the 5-15 range on USNWR).

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't send a letter and get off the wait list, how will you feel? Regrets? Or not a big deal?

Act accordingly.

You do realize that unless the school specifically states that they're welcome LOI, that they're worthless?

Hi Guys-

I am currently on the waiting list for three schools I am still pretty interesting in attending. Honestly I care mostly about finances at this point so the main reason I am still interested is to see if I can get a more favorable financial aid package.

If I haven't had any contact with these schools since I was waitlisted, do you think if I sent in a letter of interest/update on some recent activities tomorrow or Tuesday if I would still have a decent chance at getting off the waitlist? Or are schools looking for me to have maintained contact throughout this whole waiting period?

I know the whole mantra that sending a letter can't hurt, but writing yet another medical school letter is just not what I would like to be doing right now. So I'd rather not if it's just going to be a waste.

(if it matters, these are schools in the 5-15 range on USNWR).

Thanks!!