Too late to send a LOI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medcanada

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's May 9th already...I'm waitlisted at 3 schools and have written one LOI to the school that I REALLY want to go to. The other 2 schools I'm less interested in...should I still bother writing a letter with the May 15th deadline so close (or is it more reason to write one asap)?

Members don't see this ad.

Write 3. You want to get in somewhere....

It's not too late but it will be soon. Get them in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote 1 LOI for the school I really want to go to, but I have been sending monthly updates to every school I am waitlisted at. For the schools that I did not write a LOI, I tend to add a paragraph on why I like their school (for the school that I did write a LOI, I ussually just throw in a sentence or two reiterating my desire to go). I hope this is enough.

Write them.. Its only too late when you get the rejection letter..

Never too late.

It's May 9th already...I'm waitlisted at 3 schools and have written one LOI to the school that I REALLY want to go to. The other 2 schools I'm less interested in...should I still bother writing a letter with the May 15th deadline so close (or is it more reason to write one asap)?

how the heck would it be too late? Most waitlists haven't even BEGUN moving!