Too late to shadow? Will be a junior this fall

Started by teenteen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teenteen

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to keep this brief. I will be in junior standing next fall and I am planning on taking the DAT next spring/early summer so that I can apply in June. I'm planning on starting to shadow within the next couple of weeks and I was wondering if I was going to be late doing that. If I am, is there anything else I should do to make up for it?
 
It is not too late. I will be a junior soon. I have been focused on volunteering and working with others on different projects. Now I plan to shift my focus. I am working in a lab this summer for research experience and will start shadowing in fall/winter. If you do 5 hours per week, you will have more than 100 hours before you apply. Also, you also have the summer of your junior year to continue shadowing, assuming you finish your application soon enough.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad