1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Too late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by NataM, Mar 28, 2007.

1. NataM

NataM TUSPM
    5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    I have applied to TUSPM and NYCPM. Applications were completed recently. I was thinking of applying for 2008 class, but decided to give it a try for this fall instead. Is it too late to recieve an interview invite and acceptance? gpa - 3.52 mcat - 23P

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iwilldlvr

iwilldlvr not listening
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Podiatry
    nycpm told me that as long as you interview by the end of april, you are still ok for the fall semester. i don't know about temple

4. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest
    10+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    You will be fine for both. They both have huge classes so they take people very late into the cycle.

5. justincredible

justincredible SCPM c/o 2011
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    I highly doubt either of those schools are filled up to capacity right now. I also dont think its too late, especially since the apps were already completed and it is still before the priority deadline. I still havent given TUSPM or NYCPM my official "No" to withraw my acceptance so if anything, you can have my seat! ;)

6. Feli

Feli ACFAS Member
    5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Barring a catastrophic interview, you will definetly get accepted to both.

The only problem with applications from here on out is scholarships are largely spoken for by now. Still, your incoming stats are pretty good (MCAT average but GPA indicative of a hard worker), and you probably have potential to be an elite pod student. If you get the short end of the stick on entrance scholarships due to being a late acceptee, you should make up for it down the line with performance-based ones if you keep an eye open and continue the strong GPA. Good luck.