TOO Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makenzeey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore now. This semester I did horrible. My GPA has falling from a 3.3 to a 2.5. I have 2.5 years left to bring my GPA back up.I am planning to attend summer school. But is it possiblle to pull a gpa back to a 3.0 at least in one semester taking 21 hours if a 4.0 is made ??

I need a response asap

Members don't see this ad.

21 hours is A LOT to take in one semester. maybe you should try to spread out your courseload a little more so you can ensure that you'll have a better GPA - 15 or 16 hrs is much more doable. also, have you addressed whatever it is that may have been the cause of your GPA drop?

Makenzeey,
We need more information in order to give you a definitive answer to your question. You also need to provide us with the total number of credits attempted (excluding pass/fail courses) that underly your present cummulative GPA.

For right now: (1) Multiply your cummulative GPA by your current credit hours attempted (excluding pass/fail courses). (2) Multiply 4.0 by 21. (3)Add the two totals derived in steps #1 & #2. (4) Add 21 to your total number of credit hours attempted (excluding pass/fail courses) to date. (5) Divide the number derived in step #3 by the number derived in step #4......the result is your projected cummulative GPA if you get a 4.0 across the board for next the 21 credit hours attempted.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA fell due to family problems and so to ease stress I became involved in a lot of activities. I ended up suffering for it. I took 17 hours this semester

M,

I sent you a private message.

ricegirl