TOO Worried

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Makenzeey, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Makenzeey

Makenzeey Junior Member

I'm a sophomore now. This semester I did horrible. My GPA has falling from a 3.3 to a 2.5. I have 2.5 years left to bring my GPA back up.I am planning to attend summer school. But is it possiblle to pull a gpa back to a 3.0 at least in one semester taking 21 hours if a 4.0 is made ??

I need a response asap

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

21 hours is A LOT to take in one semester. maybe you should try to spread out your courseload a little more so you can ensure that you'll have a better GPA - 15 or 16 hrs is much more doable. also, have you addressed whatever it is that may have been the cause of your GPA drop?

4. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

Makenzeey,
    We need more information in order to give you a definitive answer to your question. You also need to provide us with the total number of credits attempted (excluding pass/fail courses) that underly your present cummulative GPA.

For right now: (1) Multiply your cummulative GPA by your current credit hours attempted (excluding pass/fail courses). (2) Multiply 4.0 by 21. (3)Add the two totals derived in steps #1 & #2. (4) Add 21 to your total number of credit hours attempted (excluding pass/fail courses) to date. (5) Divide the number derived in step #3 by the number derived in step #4......the result is your projected cummulative GPA if you get a 4.0 across the board for next the 21 credit hours attempted.

5. Makenzeey

Makenzeey Junior Member

My GPA fell due to family problems and so to ease stress I became involved in a lot of activities. I ended up suffering for it. I took 17 hours this semester

6. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

M,

I sent you a private message.

ricegirl