tools for neurologists

Started by usr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

usr

New Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello

is there an interesting tool that would be really helpful, apart from the classic neurological hammer?

for example, for cardiologists, an electronic stethoscope for those who use standard stethoscope would be a useful tool

is there anything for neurologists?

for individual neurologists, or for the whole clinic (apart from the medical equipment that cause millions)

thanks
 
Are you buying a gift for a mentor? If so, I think something nice for the office like a box of chocolates and a thank you card would be good.

I think it would be hard to find a reasonably priced medical item that the neurologist didn't already have. Just my 2 cents though.
 
Are you buying a gift for a mentor? If so, I think something nice for the office like a box of chocolates and a thank you card would be good.

I think it would be hard to find a reasonably priced medical item that the neurologist didn't already have. Just my 2 cents though.

i know he would already have, but i was thinking something like the example above: standard stethoscope with electronic stethoscope
 
We tend to be picky, and creatures of habit about most of our tools.

Additionally, gifts of that sort tend to be given downward, rather than upwards. My mentor gave me a Troemner hammer that I will always treasure, likewise my pupillometer and red-lens. Any old one of these does the job, but through your training you tend to pick them up in interesting and meaningful ways. If a student gave me a new tool, I don't think I'd end up using it, and it would seem a little awkward.

I tend to give books to superiors. Not textbooks, and for the love of god not an Oliver Sacks book, but something you find important or meaningful.

Do what you want, but remember that your mentor is teaching you voluntarily, which is its own reward.