Top 10 low tier schools in US for a CA resident

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
    there are many threads about this... you can probably find more info by doing a search. some suggestions:

finch chicago medical school
    new york medical college
    university of vermont
    george washington university
    drexel university (mcph)
    university of saint louis
    medical college of wisconsin
    albany medicall college...

About the Ads

Mystique

The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 6, 2001
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Originally posted by charleb11
      You must not have understood the question. Lower Tier schools!
      Oh, he understood it all right.

Let me set something straight. Lower tier schools are NOT easier to get into just 'cuz they have lower averages. They get such a huge number of applicants that the percent accepted/applied is very small. Top ten lower tier...hmm, that's a new one.

Here's a thread from just yesterday about lower tier schools.
      http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40419

kittyjuice

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jun 24, 2002
      cali
      none
        hey thingamajig,

ur a tough guy huh? well yeah, they get more applicants, but they also get a ton of people backing out last minute, and im sure they have the largest waiting list around since its not the top choice for the top dawgs.

Mystique

The Procrastinator
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jul 6, 2001
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Nah, unfortunately I'm not a tough guy. I don't have the balls. Though you make some valid points, these same schools have a tendency NOT to interview the "top dawgs" b/c they get the feelin' that they're not high on these dawgs' lists. Adcoms aren't stupid. All I'm saying is that just b/c they have lower numbers doesn't guarantee you a spot if you have higher stats.

Trek

Grand Uranium Member
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Aug 24, 2001
          The Big House
            Originally posted by kittyjuice
            hey thingamajig,

ur a tough guy huh? well yeah, they get more applicants, but they also get a ton of people backing out last minute, and im sure they have the largest waiting list around since its not the top choice for the top dawgs.

LOL!!! This is almost too funny, and moreso because i have no idea where it came from!!! --Trek

none

1K Member
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jul 28, 2001
              I disagree that lower tier schools are not easier to get into. Sure there are more people applying, but those people tend to have lower scores and the school has to accept a great deal more of them to get people to actually matriculate. With any set of given stats, you do have a better chance of getting into Finch than you do into UPenn.

kittyjuice

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Jun 24, 2002
              cali
              none
                listen, if a poster asks a question its not good to answer outside the box. so thats why i called him a toughguy...haha.

i obviously have crappy numbers, otherwise i would not be looking for the lower tier (good year or michelen?) schools.

one

Diogenes

Succat
                7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Jan 30, 2002
                California
                  Originally posted by kittyjuice
                  listen, if a poster asks a question its not good to answer outside the box. so thats why i called him a toughguy...haha.

i obviously have crappy numbers, otherwise i would not be looking for the lower tier (good year or michelen?) schools.

one

Thingamajig is a toughgirl, not a toughguy.

And tier is pronouced like "tear" (as in "crying tears") so a tire joke isn't funny. It makes no sense.

And are you a kitten killer, since your name is kittyjuice?

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.