Top 25 medical schools with a C+?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulmed195

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you still get in top 25 medical schools with a C?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would assume anything is possible -_-;;;
i mean if u get 10A+'s and have 1 C+, u should be able to get in. especially if you have a good explanation. but if ur gpa is average or below average, it's probably more than unlikely.

it's sure possible to get several interviews. i'll let you know if it's possible to actually get in in a few months.

Can you still get in top 25 medical schools with a C?

In terms of GPA probably. But if you are so focused on individual grades and "top 25" schools you perhaps aren't the type of applicant adcoms will get excited about. Plan to apply to a range of med schools and go to the one that works, not necessarilly based on number, although prestige is one factor to consider. Bear in mind that outside of the top 12-15 schools the US News ranking numbers blend anyhow -- a school ranked 25 isn't really more prestigious than one ranked 30, and they probably will flip-flop by the time you apply for residencies anyhow.

FWIW, Someone with, say, a 3.7 with a variety of outside interests s/he is passionate about usually ends up going to a better school than someone with a 4.0. Do very well, but don't become neurotic about numerical stats. They won't always carry the day.

Cs and C+s are not the end of the medical admissions process. It makes you have the desire to earn more A-s and As.

Anyway. Be well rounded, and you have a better chance of being accepted.

:horns:

I know a couple of people who are at a top 10 school and several others who are at top 20 schools with a C or 2 on their record. I have some friends who will apply next year with a couple of Cs on their record hoping for the same... Anything's possible. A C can be overshadowed by well-roundedness, much better grades later on, strong EC's, etc..... anything's possible, dont give up!

I know a couple of people who are at a top 10 school and several others who are at top 20 schools with a C or 2 on their record. I have some friends who will apply next year with a couple of Cs on their record hoping for the same... Anything's possible. A C can be overshadowed by well-roundedness, much better grades later on, strong EC's, etc..... anything's possible, dont give up!

I had a C and a C+ and have an acceptance to U Chicago-Pritzker...also I interviews at WashU and Cornell and UTSW so yes it is possible