Top 3 DO schools in your opinion? Let's hear it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letmerunaway

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interested to see which schools pop up the most

Members don't see this ad.

Just use the search function. There are a million past threads on this topic, and they're all equally pointless and dull.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
LU
KCU Joplin
And Probbly western

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interested to see which schools pop up the most
People will rate things based on location, curriculum, whether or not there is mandatory dress code, less OMM, etc etc. I don't think you will find many useful answers by asking for the top 3.

However, Des Moines, Chicago, and PCOM-Philly have always been considered the top 3 in my mind.

Reactions: 3 users
RVU has the best board scores, or at least top 3. And I want to say I got to a top DO school (according to me).

The 3 cheapest DO schoois.

Reactions: 1 users
RVU has the best board scores, or at least top 3. And I want to say I got to a top DO school (according to me).

Isn’t RVU the one that is owned by a Caribbean medical school and sent ppl invites to apply to it when they rejected them?

Reactions: 3 users
State schools. OSU, TCOM, Rowan/OUHCOM. MSU was there prior to nassar

If that's the only thing you are considering when evaluating a med school then sure
I don’t know about RVU but usually poor administration trickles down to poor education/student experience

Members don't see this ad :)
No disputing it but Where did you get the best board score part. Thought a lot of DO schools don’t even post step(or comlex) averages.

No disputing it but Where did you get the best board score part. Thought a lot of DO schools don’t even post step(or comlex) averages.

"Rocky Vista University receives national recognition for consistently demonstrating excellence in board examination pass rates and scores at its College of Osteopathic Medicine campuses in Colorado and Utah. This past year, RVUCOM ranked #1 of all osteopathic medical schools on the Level 3 exam for pass rate among first time test takers, ranked #3 on the Level 2 exam, and ranked #2 on the Level 1 exam of the national Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination of the United States (COMLEX-USA). RVUCOM also demonstrates strong residency placement rates, with 99% of its graduating students from the Colorado and Utah campuses securing residency positions in the U.S."

Pass rate isn’t the same as score tho. National pass rate is >90 something iirc. Caribbean schools have a good first time pass rate as well by preventing potential low scorers from even taking the test (not saying this is what RVU does)

Pass rate isn’t the same as score tho. National pass rate is >90 something iirc. Caribbean schools have a good first time pass rate as well by preventing potential low scorers from even taking the test (not saying this is what RVU does)
We got an email earlier in the year saying we were 3 for level 1 in terms of average score. Its irrelevant anyway now thats its pass fail. And we have to score a 350 on a COMSAE before dedicated starts, which is much lower than a lot of other schools.

Could be. Definitely one of the worst for your wallet though.

I can’t wrap my head that they charge 2x the amount of ivy leagues.

My money on the best DO schools if you’re trying to get into a difficult residency are the original schools. PCOM, AT Kirksville and some of the public ones that don’t cost and arm and a leg like OU-HCOM.
I would avoid schools that are for profit.

State schools. OSU/TCOM/Ohio/MSU.

Reading this thread is like Groundhog Day.

The hype around the original 5 is pretty exaggerated. I don’t think they’re doing anything different from a younger school that’s been around like 20 years.

It’s the state schools.

Reactions: 5 users