top 3 without mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssingh0

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get into the top 3 without having an mcat if you have a high gpa from a high-ranked school

Members don't see this ad.

I believe Ross and SGU both require you to have taken the MCAT.

Dunno about AUC, SABA, St Mattews, etc

lmbebo said:
I believe Ross and SGU both require you to have taken the MCAT.

Dunno about AUC, SABA, St Mattews, etc

The top 3 all require that you sit for the mcats and submit scores, dont know how much they weigh on acceptance, probably not a great deal

Members don't see this ad :)
can I take the mcat this august and start this fall? or i have to wait for january

No, just because you won't get your score back until the 2nd week of october thus you can't start this fall. Now on the other hand you can apply for seats in the January classes and then transmit your scores as soon as they come out. Some schools may even grant you an interview prior to reciveing your scores but will hold off on an actual decision until the scores are in.

I know that SGU requires you to take the test and they don't just want to see that you took it but want a score in a particular range. I think they told me that they interviewed students with OK scores and mcat in the range of 23 and up. I think Ross just has a requirement that you take the test but doesn't really care what you get on the test. I don't know about the other schools. SGU has been getting a lot of strong applicants, especially from California, Texas and NY where there are many more good applicants that spots in the medical school. So, the standards for admission have been going up and up according to the level of students I see in my class. This might change because there are rumors that SGU will take more students into their August class than usual but what would SGU be without rumors spreading around. Let's just say, I'll believe it when I see it.

Good luck to all and hope you get into the school of your choice.

dmitri

dmitrinyr said:
I know that SGU requires you to take the test and they don't just want to see that you took it but want a score in a particular range. I think they told me that they interviewed students with OK scores and mcat in the range of 23 and up. I think Ross just has a requirement that you take the test but doesn't really care what you get on the test. I don't know about the other schools. SGU has been getting a lot of strong applicants, especially from California, Texas and NY where there are many more good applicants that spots in the medical school. So, the standards for admission have been going up and up according to the level of students I see in my class. This might change because there are rumors that SGU will take more students into their August class than usual but what would SGU be without rumors spreading around. Let's just say, I'll believe it when I see it.

Good luck to all and hope you get into the school of your choice.

dmitri

Recenty with the switch of the dean within the past year....the standards have changed at Ross. We have had a 10% reduction in the entering class lately, due to higher selectivity.

If you really want to get in...dont apply for the september class (most competitive)

ssingh0 said:
is it possible to get into the top 3 without having an mcat if you have a high gpa from a high-ranked school

If you do have a high gpa,why are you considering them.

Just wondering guys, are there any cut-offs on GPA or Mcat score with SGU or Ross? Whats the difference b/n starting in January as compared to Fall? Can I take the April 06 mcat and apply for the same year of entrance?

Thank you,
;) Donny

alphahelix said:
Just wondering guys, are there any cut-offs on GPA or Mcat score with SGU or Ross? Whats the difference b/n starting in January as compared to Fall? Can I take the April 06 mcat and apply for the same year of entrance?

Thank you,
;) Donny

go to valuemd.com...all your questions will be answered