Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The gpa issues won't be resolved by med schools. The colleges/professors have to fine tune the difficulty of the relevant course work. They can effectively challenge students without punishing them. I mean other top schools like Stanford seem to find a good balance. I'm not disagreeing that B/B+ students at a few schools would do better elsewhere. However, they are paying tuition at their university. Why are they being held back? One doesn't need to be an organic chem genius to be qualified for med school.I'm sure you (and others) have, I'm just going based off the fact that my friends who went to state school say it was just like a larger version of high school for them, so I don't think I would have developed there. But it still doesn't resolve the issues with GPAs and I don't think the solution should be for people avoid great opportunities.