Top choice school - have I done everything I can do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeuralNetwork

Pass the BDNF
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've had a top choice school even before submitting my applications this cycle after personally visiting the campus and doing a lot of research before hand. I was fortunate to interview there, and after the interview I can say without a doubt say that its a perfect match for me on all dimensions. At the end of my interview, I said it was my top choice. After the interview, I sent a letter to the director of admissions stating how it was my top choice, how I fit, and what I had to contribute (snail mail on its way, will be received 2 weeks after my interview date). I was wondering if I have done everything I can do (without going overboard) to give myself the best possible chance of getting accepted there. Any thoughts?
 
Yes, and you may even be bordering on this:

attachment.php


(image stolen from the "Memes" thread)
 
So I've had a top choice school even before submitting my applications this cycle after personally visiting the campus and doing a lot of research before hand. I was fortunate to interview there, and after the interview I can say without a doubt say that its a perfect match for me on all dimensions. At the end of my interview, I said it was my top choice. After the interview, I sent a letter to the director of admissions stating how it was my top choice, how I fit, and what I had to contribute (snail mail on its way, will be received 2 weeks after my interview date). I was wondering if I have done everything I can do (without going overboard) to give myself the best possible chance of getting accepted there. Any thoughts?

Are you like a crazy person?

v_for_vendetta_inner.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha perfectly sane, but definitely being overly neurotic in this from my excitement, as I am coming to see.
 
So I've had a top choice school even before submitting my applications this cycle after personally visiting the campus and doing a lot of research before hand. I was fortunate to interview there, and after the interview I can say without a doubt say that its a perfect match for me on all dimensions. At the end of my interview, I said it was my top choice. After the interview, I sent a letter to the director of admissions stating how it was my top choice, how I fit, and what I had to contribute (snail mail on its way, will be received 2 weeks after my interview date). I was wondering if I have done everything I can do (without going overboard) to give myself the best possible chance of getting accepted there. Any thoughts?

I'm in the same situation and did the same thing, so I do not think you went overboard.
 
The truth is, you really haven't done everything you could do.

The last and final step would be to find a professional artist that can do something like this in the med school's garden. It's probably going to cost $5000 to commission, but you're already going to be in $200k debt after you graduate from medical school so it's completely worth it.

Get Cuban-American artist Jorge Rodriguez to make a portrait of your face in the garden. His art medium is sand so it'll look great from the distance. Drop a little letter, packaged in a golden envelope in the middle of the garden that has your name and a little message saying "please accept me".

Oh, and make sure you get a middleman to request a warrant to "remodel" their garden so you don't get charged with vandalism.
thumb.php


When the adcoms see how dedicated you are to get into their school, it'll make them look like villains to reject you.
 
The truth is, you really haven't done everything you could do.

The last and final step would be to find a professional artist that can do something like this in the med school's garden. It's probably going to cost $5000 to commission, but you're already going to be in $200k debt after you graduate from medical school so it's completely worth it.

Get Cuban-American artist Jorge Rodriguez to make a portrait of your face in the garden. His art medium is sand so it'll look great from the distance. Drop a little letter, packaged in a golden envelope in the middle of the garden that has your name and a little message saying "please accept me".

Oh, and make sure you get a middleman to request a warrant to "remodel" their garden so you don't get charged with vandalism.
thumb.php


When the adcoms see how dedicated you are to get into their school, it'll make them look like villains to reject you.

I f hate a smart ass response like this.
 
Seriously! I donated enough money to UPenn for them to change the name to my parents' names and still no interview.

Now all my friends make fun of me =(

Not sure if you are srs, but I actually have donated a fair amount of $ to a private university with a well known medical school. My endowment is more than enough to send a medical student on a full ride scholarship.

I thought long and hard about applying to said medical school, and eventually I decided to not to. I chose this mostly because I didn't think their medical school's goals matched mine, but also because I wanted to avoid raising any ethical issues on their or my part. Money and medical school admissions is already a touchy subject; the last thing I want is to taint my scholarship with even a hint of quid pro quo.
 
Not sure if you are srs, but I actually have donated a fair amount of $ to a private university with a well known medical school. My endowment is more than enough to send a medical student on a full ride scholarship.

I just read your med app.. if true, you have to be the next closest thing to the world's most interesting man. You sailed around for 5 years? Endowed a scholarship at JHU? Why the eff would you go into medicine, keep doing awesome stuff....
50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just read your med app.. if true, you have to be the next closest thing to the world's most interesting man. You sailed around for 5 years? Endowed a scholarship at JHU? Why the eff would you go into medicine, keep doing awesome stuff....
50553_104198290097_5724362_n.jpg


The world's most interesting man doesnt send off applications to medical school.... they send their applications to him.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
 
The school would be lucky to have you as a student. Mail them a poop hotdog to gauge their level of commitment.