Top/Front/End "event" strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saice101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am using the "event counting" strategy for Top/Front/End section of PAT (cause I can not even come close to imagining any of these problems in 3D). I have a question though regarding this section. How do you deal with circles in event counting? I know the basic rules (count each angle change, straight line is visible and dashed lines are invisible). However in Crack PAT there are so many questions that they have circles in them. Dose anyone have any idea how to do count them?

screenshot20100716at112.png

Members don't see this ad.

So I am using the "event counting" strategy for Top/Front/End section of PAT (cause I can not even come close to imagining any of these problems in 3D). I have a question though regarding this section. How do you deal with circles in event counting? I know the basic rules (count each angle change, straight line is visible and dashed lines are invisible). However in Crack PAT there are so many questions that they have circles in them. Dose anyone have any idea how to do count them?

screenshot20100716at112.png

Circles in the front view would be viewed as a square or flat surface. You will not notice it's a circle unless you have a top view of it. If you are looking at the side view, you won't be able to tell it's a circle. The best way to go about this question is count the lines and how much it should have. Dotted lines indicates a line we cannot see in front of us but would be able to see in back of us. Also a solid line in the same position trumps the dotted line. So the structure for this picture is a circular base at the bottom with a narrow cylinder in the middle of it holding up a semi-spherical dome. Connected to the narrow cylinder laying on top of the circular base are 2 smaller cylinders to the left and right of the middle cylinder.

Answer is C by the way.