Top-tier Schools Done Interviewing People Complete in Summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paki20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if I've been complete since August at some of the top-tier schools (~top 25) are the chances of me getting an interview invite any time soon basically zero?? I know many of the state schools continue to interview into March/April but most of the private ones don't and many of them are non-rolling so they dont tell you about rejections until March...I am assuming the schools I haven't heard from by now will be rejections?? I already sent update letters still no response.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

So if I've been complete since August at some of the top-tier schools (~top 25) are the chances of me getting an interview invite any time soon basically zero?? I know many of the state schools continue to interview into March/April but most of the private ones don't and many of them are non-rolling so they dont tell you about rejections until March...I am assuming the schools I haven't heard from by now will be rejections?? I already sent update letters still no response.. :(

No. Nobody can really tell you for sure, but there are sure to be invites between now and the end of the cycle. Just hang on and find out. :thumbup:

I am a third year med student. During my interview season, I interviewed at USC, Columbia, Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Vermont during January and February. I received my invitations for these interviews during December and the first half of January. So no, based upon my experience, I do not think that the interview season is over at this point in the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been complete since early August at WashU and just got an interview invite over the weekend. You don't know it's over until they send you a rejection letter!

Don't get discouraged! It is still early in the game. My friend go interviews to 4 great schools including UCLA and UCSD all in Jan - Feb. She thought she was doomed but attended UCLA interview, got accepted and didn't go to any other ones.

When you get an interview there will always be people who completed after you who got an early interview, and people who completed before you who got a later interview.

Just hang in there! I view it like this, at least it's not a rejection :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Keep the hope alive, I guess. No idea what the actual chances are like since you don't hear about the people that don't eventually get an invite, but at least it's not 0 at this point!

I am a third year med student. During my interview season, I interviewed at USC, Columbia, Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Vermont during January and February. I received my invitations for these interviews during December and the first half of January. So no, based upon my experience, I do not think that the interview season is over at this point in the process.

When were you complete at those schools? Did submit late or early as in August or before.