Topscore Pro vs. Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

budfrog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that has used the topscore pro practice tests could compare them to the real DAT. I am mainly curious if they are as difficult as the real DAT. I am mainly using these tests to practice after studying. So I guess I just want to know if they are harder, easier, the same, or just totally different. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Topscore is harder. i scored 16-18 on most sections, and 21-24 on the pat. on the real dat the lowest i scored on any section was a 19 and a 21 on the pat. practice practice and practice. topscore has the best practice test, even better than kaplan. the last week before the test i did 5 full lenght test, even with no sleep the night before i was still comfortable and did fine. good luck

Hi,
I am going to have to disagree. Top Score Pro was O.K. Kaplan C-D was by far much better. The Kaplan cd was almost exactly like the real DAT. Also the Kaplan cd gives complete detailed solutions to each question, whereas the Top Score Pro does not. I find that the solutions come in very handy, especially in the quantitative reasoning section, because you learn to work out the problems that you do not understand.
Also the Kaplan PAT has 3D answers to some of the PAT questions.
Tim.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
Each of those simulated practice tests has its own strengths and weaknesses. for one, questions in toppro especially the science part were harder than the ones in a real DAT, and this is also true with kaplan CD. as for the QR and Reading, i think toppro was very similar to the real test in terms of level of difficulty, the format of Reading.
As for Kaplan, i think it does a very good job preparing you for PAT since it provides 3d constructed answers for the first two sections. however, i find RC to be quite different from the real test, again in terms of format and to some extent level of difficulty.
if u really want to do well and increase ur chance to get into dental school, i advise you to take kaplan. i am not in fond of the lectures although it's a good review, but the practice exams/review questions were worth the money. and also do diagnostic, midterm, and final..
what helped me the most is their explanations to wrong answers choices and indepth explanation of an answer choice.
and one more thing, be careful on angle ranking section. lines were longer and bigger, and they screwed me up. maybe because i was taking all of my practice test on 15 monitor, or maybe the lines are really longer.
anyways, i hope this helped.

Dumb question--but what is top score?